Airbnb non-payment to host

:joy:
This all just sounds fake!
Cheers

It’s too ridiculous to give any creedence to. Might be Sloth club Jay as well.

3 Likes

I have guests currently staying in my Airbnb who booked my place in May 2020 for 2 months. They paid Airbnb $9,000. After the guests arrived in June, Airbnb paid me $4,500. However, Airbnb held onto $4,500 of the guests’ payment. Airbnb posted on my account that they would distribute the remaining $4,500 payment to me on July 17. Hello Airbnb? Why are you holding the payment renters made to me in May? Who has to pay the mortgage?

On July 17, Airbnb sent me $0.00.

ZERO. Worse, on July 18 my Airbnb account showed no Airbnb pending or future payments owed to me by Airbnb of the $4,500.

I called Airbnb today, July 20th, to ask why Airbnb had not sent the $4,500 payment to me – and also why Airbnb now shows on its records that no money is owed to me. After 45 minutes on hold, an Airbnb customer service rep answered and “investigated” my problem. She told me it was an “IT” error. She was very kind. Told me she personally had answered over 10 calls from Hosts who had not received payments that Airbnb said they would make to the Host on July 17. However, she assured me Airbnb’s IT department was looking into it, so not to worry. (I wish I could tell my mortgage company the same thing.)

I pointed out this was an accounting issue, not an IT issue, and asking to be connected to someone in Airbnb’s accounts payable or anyone else who could do more. She said that she could not connect me, but the IT department would look into the problem.

1 Like

First time ever, ABB I s not releasing our payments. They say pending, but it never comes. 5 days of waiting for answers from ABB and… nothing

Now I have a guest checking in today and I’m considering barring entry until payment clears. I’m not keen on having to fight ABB for my money. This is crazy

Well guys, we’ve probably got your money, Airbnb paid out twice on the same booking last week.

As far as we’re concerned it’s an interest free loan, as I’m sure they’ll work it out and take it from any future Airbnb earnings.

But for now… :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

JF

1 Like

I hope you’ll let them know. Maybe it will help sort problems a lot of other hosts are having right now. At least, if you follow the community forums you’ll see it SEEMS to be a huge issue… no one here seems to be having a problem

This sounds like a good way to piss off a guest. When I book I pay and it’s not my concern if Airbnb doesn’t release the money to you. I know this is infuriating and why host if you won’t get paid but don’t make the guest responsible. If you want to do that then don’t book on Airbnb, go get your own guests and take direct payments.

It’ll be your concern when the host bars you from entry! I don’t really care how the guest feels frankly. If ABB doesn’t want it to happen, they should fix the issue. It’s a massive problem

Wow. Good luck then.

1 Like

Not a coincidence. I expect that Air is intentionally doing this as much as possible to use Host revenue to float cash flow.

Thank you! Finally something affirmative from you!

At the request of several members I’m closing old topics. Please start a new one if you need help.