Airbnb making up their own cancellation policy determination

No, a guest could not book all the days of the year on a host’s calendar. For any reservation exceeding 28 days, the long term cancellation policy supersedes any other cancellation policy.

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#long-term

I’m happy with the outcome. I’ve left the platform after 4 years of hosting. Feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

Congratulations. Are you getting out of the STR business or are you using a different platform. In 3 years I haven’t had a problem so I should be way overdue.

Left the business all together, for now.

1 Like

This is why I kind of look forward to summers when things get slow. Doing this constantly has a high burnout factor.

Your situation sounds as frustrating as mine but different facts. I posted about Airbnb engaging in high-handed conduct and that is how your situation is similar to mine. The other similarity is the “fine print” issue. I relied on what appeared to be the Airbnb policy relating to Instant Bookings only to discover that the fine print basically emasculated the apparent policy. Sounds like you may have encountered something similar. I love Airbnb and want to support it. I fear that the temptation to cash in on its popularity could undermine a really fantastic site. I am sure I don’t appreciate all of the issues that Airbnb is juggling and I don’t want to hold them back but I hope that these problem issues are reviewed and considered in light of principles that go beyond market share and return on the dollar and number of bookings, etc.