Airbnb just keep ignoring my requests

I’ve been in contact with Airbnb a few times the past months regarding various issues. I’ve been told the cases have been forwarded to some case manager who will get in touch with me. However, several weeks later and despite several follow up calls I’ve still not heard anything from any case manager.

From my experience it seems like Airbnb just ignores requests they don’t want to answer, especially in cases where they could have some kind of responsibility.

Funny behaviour from a company that puts so much pressure on the hosts to maintain their response rate. And when Airbnb wants something from me, I’ve always been given deadlines of 24 or 48 hours, otherwise case closed.

Any similar experiences?

1 Like

I don’t get many issues but they are usually sorted out within 48hrs, what sort of problems have you had.

@HumptyDumpty I’ve had a couple of issues with guests trashing the apartment and breaking things, but the Airbnb host guarantee seems to be worthless. Airbnb is for sure not very keen on responding regarding these issues.

Another case is when Airbnb by mistake closed my account for nearly two weeks this spring, resulting in 15 cancellations and loss of superhost status. I’ve still not gotten any compensation or any fair explaination from Airbnb why they did this. They don’t even care to give my my superhost status back.

1 Like
  1. Are you saying Airbnb refused to settle your claim

2. Try them via Twitter. They blocked my account from getting views for two months and refused to apologise or compensate.

2 Likes

Hello @Joa, with me too recently, they said they forwarded to someone else, and nobody replies, and also I escalated a claim to the resolution center and involved Air as the final solution, and no contact again.
This never happened to me before.

2 Likes

Yup here too.

Anything referred up the line is never followed up on. Then they have the nerve to send a survey asking about the first rep’s performance and how would you rate them.

2 Likes

@Helsi Thanks for the advice, I’ll try twitter

@Mirta_Gubetta @konacoconutz Exactly. It seems like Airbnb is doing exactly what they want. Their customer service used to be good, but now they’ve grown so big they don’t really seem to care about individual hosts anymore, they have the power to just ignore and get away with it.

I just hate it when request after request just disappear into the Airbnb black hole.

1 Like

As suggested, try posting a very short and concise summary of the complaint on AirBnB’s Twitter or on the official Air Facebook page. Other say that’s how they seem to get attention. Particularly Twitter, since it’s so public.