Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Airbnb is sending me emails in French

I had to make a resolution request yesterday and when the guest accepted it today Airbnb sent me an email, like always, except it was in French. I don’t speak French and the guest isn’t French and she isn’t in France right now, at least I don’t think she is since she was driving to Houston yesterday. Just another glitch in the platform due to the update? I almost deleted it without reading it due to this. So if you aren’t getting your emails make sure you didn’t delete them because they were in a foreign language.

Wow!!! Sorry I don’t really have anything to add but that… :slight_smile:

I’ve posted a possible reason on another thread “Update to listings; no notifications coming through”. I think there will be more chaos to follow.

I just got a booking confirmation. The dates were in French.

Must be in anticipation of UN headquarters being moved out of New York. Maybe they think it’s going to move to Paris - so they’re making French the new lingua franca!

Me too. Nothing else though, just the dates

I got a confirmation today and everything was in Anglais.

Then how do you know which dates were booked? LOL!!

Europeans use day-month-year for dates, not month-day-year the way most Americans do… Also month names in French are close but not the same as English.

I got an A in French at school :joy:

at least I don’t think she is since she was driving to Houston yesterday.

There’s a Paris in Texas so there should be a Houston (or 'Ouston) in France, à même les choses.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!