Airbnb equivalent

I haven’t tried them, but they sure are spamming away via the email address I have on my own domain.

Do you work for them?

1 Like

Australia has two new ones: AuraTravel.com and TravellingFrogs.com

Heard they added payment with no fees also. I got an email.

I am trying home escapes because they have no fees for either hosts or guests.

Do you have the web address for Home Escapes?

Google is your friend: https://www.homeescape.com

I won’t use their payment option. Read the terms and you’ll see they hold you responsible for charge backs and fraud. You also authorize them to debit your account for these things.

I have just signed up for Home Escape, but they only have 2 listings in my country.

I’m getting bookings from the following sites, happy with all of them:

45% Airbnb
20% Booking.com Homestays
20% Flipkey
10% Lodgify (direct bookings)
5% Wimdu

1 Like

There are more and more listing sites popping up by the day, especially in more niche markets like accessible travel. The platform Accomable, for example, only lists homes that are wheelchair-friendly, with the aim of making travel more accessible for the 66 million people worldwide who experience mobility issues.

In recent weeks, however, we’ve seen a number of Airbnb alternatives diminish pretty rapidly.

We lost LeisureLink, Vacasol and Gloveler to various financial issues, then following some pretty serious sounding negative reviews involving payments, this week 9flats announced they are merging with Wimdu. That means they’ll have around 500,000 short term rentals in 140 countries - making the company the largest European Airbnb competitor.

With uncertainties like these around every corner, it might be best sticking to taking bookings on your own website and limiting your listing sites to just a small handful (if that).