AirBnB Cancellation policy over House Rules- BE CAREFUL!

Awesome. Let us know what they say and if you sue what the outcome is.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer it soon (relatively speaking) and change their policies to make the guest responsible. The idea that people with a single room or rental should be in the same boat with hotels, planes, rental cars is ridiculous.

They did mention something in the recent Chesky Q and A about coming up with some sort of insurance for the host for this. But it sounds like it is in the talking stages.

I had one guest cancel because the guest had a note from the doctor that her son couldn’t breathe the air. The doctors note didn’t say anything about anything special going on, like a cold or something - and my area had “normal” pollution levels, even lower than normal. But, that was the EC that got them back 100%…

1 Like

Ughhhh. Ridiculous. Something needs to be done about this. And now that strict is 7 days before the booking, (didn’t it used to be 30 days?) we are just screwed if they cancel before a big holiday like my guest did. No time to rebook because I am a fly in destination.

She got to save her vacation and what she spent on it, while I ate s*_$t.

2 Likes

I wonder how this new feature just released will affect hosts getting paid. Will we get screwed over even more? If people don’t pay it all right away, the number of guests cancelling could go higher. I don’t see how this feature helps hosts at all!

No… does not help hosts. As I say repeatedly, it’s all about the guests. They need more guests. They have plenty of hosts.

1 Like

“While testing the feature, Airbnb reportedly found that 40% of users used the Pay Less Up Front option and those who used it tended to make bookings farther in advance.”

I’m just replying to the comment. I have no opinion on whether it will actually help hosts or not. Also remember Airbnb is not in the business of helping hosts, they are in the business of helping guests.

1 Like

@KKC

Yet another pearl of wisdom from you! (“Airbnb is not in the business of helping hosts, they are in the business of helping guests.”)

You said in another thread: “I think if everyone expects the worst [of Air] then they won’t be disappointed.”

You’re on it woman!

1 Like

It’s sad to witness because when they were a young un, they loved helping us hosts! Now, not so much.