Airbnb Business Model & Delinquent Guests

We did this a few months ago because of the additional cleaning requirements of Covid-19. We simply couldn’t clean in time, and at a reasonable cost. Turns out it was the best decision we ever made! It has reduced our “problem” bookings down pretty much to zero, and we now have a higher occupancy rate than ever, despite Covid-19.

I am only annoyed that it took me so long to do this!

1 Like

I only have a private room/bath listing, but I’ve had a 3 day minimum since I started hosting. Nothing but lovely guests. Quality beats quantity.
I always wonder when I read all the posts about guests trashing places, damaging things, having to file claims, not getting paid for the damage, not to mention the stress, was it really worth accepting as many bookings as you could get?

1 Like

JJD Here is the link to the accreditation website https://www.starratings.com.au/info/how-it-works we fail on the superior design criteria required for 4 *. Uploading: BR1 Cushions.JPG… Uploading: Kitchen Area.JPG…

I have included some photos to give you the picture. The town was originally built by the electricity company for the hydro project. All the houses were for the skilled married workers the single men were accommodated in a number of chalets

Annet3176,
I am really concerned that there are serious problems with how Airbnb operated in relation to problem guests and I fear it is leading to more problems rather than less. It would not be such a worry if Airbnb had not become so popular and taken so much market share that they are now too big to ignore. I also worry that after the IPO it may get worse rather than better.

Yes of course bathrooms figure in.

Then the host is cramming too many people in and asking for trouble IMO

Heads in beds, just the right number of beds!

I see no advantage to catering to large groups, less people less everything else, cleaning, wear and tear…

RR

3 Likes

Now that I’ve lowered my max occupancy from 6 to 2, I am a believer

2 Likes

And that’s also why I have a per person extra guest charge. Sure, you can put 5 people in that little apartment, but I’m sure as hell gonna be compensated for it.

2 Likes