Airb "permanently deactivated" my account-?

Looks like @CindiSunshine is not going to tell us the whole story, she has more important things to worry about.

I met a host in my town who got shut down and he still has no idea why… Air just ghosts hosts when they are done with us.

I hope the OP gets through to someone, I would try from a different phone number so at least someone answers!

RR

3 Likes

I wonder if a savy host could set up two listings from two accounts, not overlapping availability between them and simultaneously amass reviews form both. Kind of a insurance policy against getting ghosted, one account gets closed move to the other and never skip a beat.

Seems like a lot of work to pull off though. I am going to have a glass of wine and think this through…

Laugh out loud

RR

3 Likes

You’re fortunate that you are naive to this experience Ken. There are so many tedious details to report here, including the “tenant” was Not an AirB guest, but at the time of her antics I Did have an AirB guest.

Hi Yana, Thank You so much for your thoughts and response! I’m likely the most technologically challenged person alive. I’d love to reach out to you privately and not on this forum…is there a way to do that? Appreciation, and Cheers!

You Rock River Rock!! It is a weird long story…the bad tenant was not AirB, she was sent my an AirB host who is also a realtor wanting to sell my home…(further I found with a criminal record), Joni Renee Zalk, and she did not accept Louisa. Louisa gave me a sob story, and I disregarded my personal rules to help her as my heart went out to her. Stupid on my part!! Louisa turned out to be a scam artist, actually stole My shoes and coats upon leaving from the hall closet. She filed some sort of complaint with AirB which is bogus, and despite numerous efforts to reach a live AirB rep including with the executive branch, AirB did not ever respond. There are some Very judgmental people on this site, so at this time this is all I’m sharing, other than I only rent for 30 days or more, and I was a Super Host with mostly 5 star reviews. I greatly Appreciate your courtesy and thoughts RR, Thank You!!

1 Like

If she is not an Airbnb guest she cannot, under the ToS, make a complaint.

Not being judgemental, just stating a simple fact.

JF

2 Likes

Thanks John, I apprecaite that info, however I can only guess on the entire matter as AirB has not responded to my courteous emails nor calls.

1 Like

OK River Rock Retreat, seems like each time I post more info, it simply leads to more confusion and Yes judgement on this site.

And YES, often a few printed sentences are trite, and clearly up to the interpretation and current state of the reader.

I came to this site for support, not criticism, and Truly Hope none of you receive the same from AirB.

And to clarify RRR, this Was my Income, so kindly do NOT denigrate me with your own view. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME, may I ask how you would be with loosing your full income over night??? That is why I simply made a massive effort to find help.

Thank you.

The problem is that they won’t respond. Period. They completely cut all communications with you after they deactivate your account. It’s incredibly frustrating, but that’s how they work and you can’t make them respond. This happens with guests, too. The only time I’ve heard of this getting resolved quickly is when it was a mistake on Airbnb’s part where they did something accidentally. Since something actually happened with your guest, it’s unlikely this was accidental, but rather that they believe the guest’s story and they feel you violated their terms. It’s possible (maybe even likely) that you did violate their terms, which is why it’s important to share the details. You basically have two options if you want to get back on Airbnb: arbitration or litigation. E-mails, phone calls, and forum posts aren’t going to help, but forum posts might help you decide if either of the option is worth your time and effort.

On the other hand, it’s not likely your account is permanently deactivated and if you do nothing at all, your account will re-activate automatically 1 year from date it was de-activated.

What the hell are you talking about? I did not denigrate you. I have been nothing but supportive, I think you confused me with someone else.

Rr

1 Like

I’m looking to use an old account that I never used because recently they closed my hosting part of my current account. Did you ever encounter problems with your new account?

@Achilles666 you have started another post on this subject, and responded to another old post. I am going to close this one.

RR