Air Suspended us for being 4 Stars!

Also, what’s the point of the “super host” designation if you get suspended for getting 4 stars? Why basically force everyone to be practically super hosts, and then suspend them for still getting a real life “above average” rating of 3.5-4? Sure, suspend them if they’re consistently 2-3s, but 4 is good in real life!

7 Likes

Wow. That is scary. Did you call and ask? I wonder if that is automatically triggered?

Three stars and I could see it. But 4? I always get four stars from guests who are sometimes expecting the Mauna Lani Hotel for hostel prices.

Where are you located? I would fight that! Escalate!

And here they let all these excessively commercial inappropriate listings stand while a legitimate host gets suspended for 4 stars?

8 Likes

We show as private room(s) with an option of 1-2- or 3. The site is awful for this. When 2 people book there is no option for 2 rooms, so I have to ask them if they are a couple and want one room or 2. Drives me nuts. Hotel sites have solved this problem so Air should too! Whatever we plaster in the description doesn’t get read by many guests! Very frustrating and irritating to get 4 stars on description and amenities (no air) when the description does not promise whole house and Air.

That said we were fully booked all season and have all winter to redo the description and by some Air Con Units. I will NOT promise central Air, even with the window units!

The suspension could have been based on reviews too. How are they?

1 Like

I share your frustration!

I once discussed this with an airbnb person and she said 'this is fantastic feedback - I’m going to push that up the line! Still waiting…

It was an awful summer, no doubt about it.

Have you called air to discuss the suspension?

You could create separate listings for each room and put in your description that if someone was coming with a larger group you’ll offer a discount on booking more than 1 room. You could sync the calendars and actually have a way to book all 3 rooms or rooms individually. I know there’s people on here that do this, but I don’t have a listing that this would work for so i haven’t tried.

4 Likes

But if someone was filtering for 3 guests, the first double room wouldn’t come up.

We have this kind of problem. We have 2 double rooms but we don’t rent them separately (we think the resulting shared bathroom wouldn’t give guests a great experience) so we’ve come up with a slightly clumsy explanation in our listing. It seems to work but we are always frustrated that it might be a bit confusing.

1 Like

I have now been reinstated. There was a button to click to be reinstated, with a firm and silly admonishment to read tips for hosts. Also a little threat that if my ratings don’t improve I could get suspended or cancelled. I do think it is bizarre. The reviews are all quite positive and the guests have all been lovely intelligent people.
I have had 5 stars in all but one category, so I think I am very close to five stars, but my listing has never shown partial stars. The only issues have been the two - no air con (We are in Canada, usually not necessary, and not promised) and the son in the house (but saying he was nice, just expected whole house) This when the listing is shared.

Oh and we did have a couple who slightly complained that they only saw the son once during their 10 day visit!!! Go figure.

We will go back to it in May and see what happens and then, if suspended will raise a ruckus…

@Geddy3 We found the same and next year will list as 3 bedrooms, private bath, accommodates up to 6
at a higher price. No more one room option.

3 Likes

Truly Idiotic. I wish you could edit the title of your Post to “Air suspended us for being 4 star”. I would love to hear if this is happening to others. It’s outrageous and shows how stupid their rating system is. Maybe as guests are filling out the ratings, anything below 5 star should stay, “Air ought to suspend this listing and talk to the host”.

4 Likes

Can’t they???

Done! But need more characters for this post so Blah blah blah!

1 Like

I don’t understand. Airbnb suspended you? Then let you click a little button to be reinstated? And mentioned you could get suspended again? Are they mental?

Was the little button there when you were suspended, or did it appear later?

They must think they are an parental authority figure in a Roald Dahl novel. Sheesh.

6 Likes

While I’m happy to hear you are reinstated, I am just livid that you were suspended in the first place! I don’t understand how 4 stars is a negative thing? I’m sorry this happened to you.
Here’s a listing that I can believe Air is still bumping to the top when I do searches…and yet YOU got suspended?

8 Likes

those reviews were literally uncomfortable to read, made me feel sick

1 Like

That’d be funny if it weren’t so disgusting. Blurh! I need to take a shower after reading that. Lol.

1 Like

I expect he’ll make Superhost soon as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to Airbnb’s views on what is an acceptable listing.

3 Likes

On top of everything else motels and hotels shoudn’t be on airbnb. That limo in the lead picture is misleading. LOL.

3 Likes

Oh that place is gross! Maybe the limo is there from HSers staying after their prom? Even from the pictures I wouldn’t stay there for that rate!

1 Like

Ok, I’ve seen this place in person because I could not resist going to check it out.
It is beyond horrible and has should not be on ABB at all. I feel so bad…my place is just 15 minutes away, and only a few dollars more, I wish I could have gone and rescued those poor guests.
And that limo…Oh, it’s the oldest most saddest beat up looking limo you ever did see.

3 Likes

You joking?? I can not believe this.
How is 4 * bad? I see plenty of lisitings where a host has 4* and 200+ reviews. I dont have all 5* either with over 200 guests, only 78% of minei are 5*.

1 Like