Air stripped me of my badge - I guess I should be crushed

I don’t like Flipkey at all. I only spread myself around so I am not forced to reduce rates.

Ex: the people who book me on Flipkey have the most money to burn. Guests pay 13.5% added on top of the total. But if I was forced to rely on them then I would need to reduce my rates to make up for the guest service fee. Same with Air and Booking.com.

I know booking.com has an instant booking type system. Does Flipkey too?

cabin, are your bookings coming from FlipKey or it’s parent/partner TripAdvisor? I am grandfathered in (via subscription) with FK but my bookings have all been via TA for probably 8 mos. or so. I don’t know how they handle the sharing or transition but everything is noticeably from TA.

I signed up with Air late last year to try and fill vacancies and have been pleasantly surprised with the results, though slow growing.

Air is sending me a complimentary carbon monoxide unit (our HOA doesn’t require such), and upon receipt, I will qualify for the business traveler icon. (yaay!)

I haven’t been paying attention to see where the booking originated. A few months ago I did a search on TA just to see how quickly the traveler is taken to FK. Then I noticed on my listing there was no breakdown of their excessive booking fee. There was nothing to click on to show the detail. They added it into my rate. I called them and pretended to be a traveler. The rep. told me that any increase in price from the dispalyed rate - was from the owner. I just wish more travelers on Trip Advisor would get smart and google the name of the property so they can find my website. One guest found me that way