Ahhh the things we see!

I had some housesitters from hell once. In addition to all the damages and neglected housesitting chores I came back to, several pieces of my almost new flatware set were missing. I found them 9 months later when I screened the contents of my compost bin.

It’s not that odd if you consider how much wine is sometimes drunk with pizza. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Sounds like an accident.

5 Likes

This just happened to us. Guests checked out yesterday and as always, we had to play hide and seek to find the TV remote. We looked for about an hour, gave up and ordered a replacement on Amazon. Today we go back to the property and my husband noticed that the ice cube dispenser was jammed. He opened the bin and there was the remote! I’m assuming a drunken guest was reaching in for ice cubes and dropped the remote.

1 Like

Yep, this happens. I had to root through the garbage to rescue the permanent filter from the coffee maker once.

3 Likes

Agreed, especially these days.

However I also agree with those who think this was just an oversight. Raise your price a dollar or two so you can cover the cost of missing knives or ruined linens. In this case I’d probably rate them well and send a private message telling them about the knife. I’d probably try to use humor but still make them aware.

5 Likes

I have had cleaners, and I dealt with a plethora of other issues, forgetting to leave toilet paper, trash bags or leaving dirty towels out. In my market your only options are those condo cleaning crews, that I feel the need to follow after they are done to clean the condo… I’m too fussy to allow them to do it.

I’ve been known to throw away a silver teaspoon or 2 in my time, but my guests do not throw out the family silver plate, go figure! And only 1 cup broken in 3 years./

2 Likes