Ahem... asking for Covid proof upon booking part deux

Really? Name calling? “Entitled”? Please do not engage with me again, please. This is depressing. I come here for advice and information, and you call names and mock…

4 Likes

I agree. OP seemingly only wants to hear answers that align to what he/she has already determined to do. I also tried offering advice earlier, and OP resorted to name calling and trolling. Frankly I’m not sure what else to do

2 Likes

Names? Okay let’s parse this out, lol. (Sorry that is legit mocking but we’ve always had fun with the words and grammar together). Entitled is not a name.

To me, you are coming across as entitled about your guests. I doubt it will serve you. And if it were me, I’d want you to tell me. And I bet you would. :green_heart:

You can “ignore” me in your settings if you feel that way about it. It’s not on me to have to ignore you. Don’t make me use that “e” word again :wink:

2 Likes

I’d remind them that they agreed to the House Rule of sending their vax card within XX hours of booking, and if they don’t want to do that, they can cancel instead within those XX hours for a refund.

2 Likes

WTF. Are we going to have to close this thread too?

8 Likes

As long as you have some requirement in the house rules, you’re (supposed to be) covered and should be able to call ABB CS for them to cancel on your behalf if the guest fails to comply with your House Rule requirements.

4 Likes

It’s hard to see our favorite people fighting,

Especially when I KNOW no hurts intended,

Two great members,

3 Likes

Yes! And I have done this a few times with airbnb’s blessing.

1 Like

But “in the next hour” is what @Rolf proposed in his OP. And then he asked for comments on it.

Within an hour seems like too short a time frame to me. Am I really the only one? I tend to be on top of stuff but I’m probably not getting that done within an hour after booking. Commuting takes longer than an hour. Dinner too. Putting kids to bed as well. It just seems harsh.

But if they don’t, it’s going to be all kinds of trouble. Fees and everything. I don’t know, I suggest that it be at least 3 hours.

1 Like

Agreed that within the next hour is too soon. It might be OK if the the booking is for today or tomorrow.

1 Like

FFS. Bloody behave, please everyone.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

You’re right to be concerned about Covid. It is surging in many places, along with flu and RSV in kids. My local hospitals are at 89% capacity, excess is mostly viral infections.

Respond within the hour??? No way. What are you going to do if they’re late, call them? Cancel them?

@muddy is also right–your guests are confirmed when they Instant Book.

Of course your House Rules and your listing description mention that you require proof of vaccination against Covid? House Rules have become a bigger deal–more powerful-- since the ABB policy revisions in November.

I must say if I received the message from you worded just this way as a guest, I would cancel the booking. I have enough experience with ABB hosts to be if they do anything too out of the ordinary. Your message as written is that to me.

If guests refuse to comply with your card rule then you have a choice to cancel them.

ABB does not look kindly on host cancellations. Asking your guest to cancel doesn’t completely protect your interests because ABB asks them why they are canceling, and specifically if the host asked them to. You can be sure his information is tracked.

1 Like

One formulation is to say in House Rules and then reiterate in messaging that if the guest does not provide the required vaccination cards for each member of the group in the reservation by the earlier of 48 hours from booking and 12 hours before the earliest permitted check-in time, such failure will be treated as a guest cancellation under the existing cancelation policy.

1 Like

I agree.

I’m really wanting THAT new button

1 Like
  1. It’s your rental; you can make whatever rules you want and state them how you want. As long as you’re hitting your occupancy/income target, it’s all good. You can always change up your wording, it’s cost free, if you get negative reactions that you perceive are affecting your business.

2. If you ask for advice on this forum, you’re going to get it! Some will be insightful, some will be pointless, much will be off-topic haha! Take what’s useful and leave the rest. It’s not unusual here to ask, “How should I tailor/tweak this thing I’m doing?” and get responses of, “Why are you doing that thing at all? Bad idea!” You may get some unexpected useful insights from that. Or not.

3. I really like this forum, and I try to take the attitude, “I did x or I’m planning to do y. Whaddaya think? Face punch me at will.” Or I notice some OPs will state "I’m looking for comments specifically on [insert narrow topic here], not my [insert “hosting philosophy,” “general approach to life,” etc. here]. And even, “I’m just venting/looking for validation.”

Maybe another auto-response button, “You’re absolutely right. Your guests are selfish clods, and Airbnb is an evil overlord.” I’m trying to think of an emoji that will capture that.

3 Likes

This one? Where you just ignore users you’re not interested in interacting with? It’s the easiest one!

Or I might suggest one like this:

Or, at the very least, users could put a warning on their posts so that we all know what is expected of us.

It may just be easier and more diplomatic to just ignore people though. I don’t know. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

@jjd at least you’ve moved on to trying to provoke someone else. You’ve invested a lot of time. Have fun with that.

Did you mean this? I hope so.

I’m sorry, I really thought it would give you a grin. Just trying to make light of it all because I truly don’t understand where the drama came from. You made a joke and I was supporting it!!

And I know you like the digital stuff, I made them myself : )

1 Like

Thank you for the apology. I’m stepping back now. Your sense of humor does not come across as clever as you think.

2 Likes