Agreement for entering when guest is not there?

That works fine for me as well. The problem children will complain no matter what. I inform them as far ahead as possible and also usually let them know ETA when I am on my way. I don’t have any of that written into my listings but discuss it with them if:
1 they ask
2 I know there is some maintenance or service or something scheduled that needs to be done during their reservation
3 they are a reservation of more than a few days (most of my reservations are)

Also when I get the occasional guest who talks a lot about how they definitely don’t want me to come around and not with out their knowledge in no uncertain terms I just remember to be hyper vigilant to their outside camera activity notifications.

1 Like

I tell’em to be there or else they’re out on their ear :wink:

Joking.

Well, they’ve got to be there at some point, and if it’s a maintenance issue the chances are they will have raised it and discussed it with one of us at the time. On past occasions I’ve either dealt with the issue there and then, or if it was a message responded with words to the effect of let me know when you’re back and I’ll pop down and sort it.

I seriously can’t imagine any circumstances (other than an emergency issue) where we’d enter either apartment without the guest being present. It’s just how we do things.

JF

Many of my guests are here for a while and are working during that time and cannot necessarily be there at a time when the service or maintenance can be performed. I am not a vacation spot and not luxury or high budget by any means. I cater to working people, and those with often times somewhat limited budgets.

Not as old as ours :wink:

That said, while the building is 250yrs old, the utilities and electrodomesticos aren’t. We did a major rebuild and rewired & replumbed throughout, and all appliances are new as of last Spring. Doesn’t stop things breaking, but certainly reduces the incidence of major failures, other than me of course :slight_smile:

JF

1 Like

Maybe if you get your plumbing and/or electrical redone…? :wink:

1 Like

Cheeky cow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Could maybe do with some restoration work on the facade though…

JF

1 Like

Always something that could use some work, right?

2 Likes

Blimey no. Ours is only a few years older than me. But I’m starting to fall apart a bit so it’s only fair that I allow the rentals to need modernising. I just wish that I could afford to have me done too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aye, we’ve decided now that, between me and the OH, you probably couldn’t make a whole working one out of us both :slight_smile:

JF

2 Likes