Aggravating! What would you do?!

Sarah, I’m … er … considerably older than you and for once, it’s an advantage. Guests tend to see me as a) a fellow old person b) like their mum or c) like their grandparents. I can’t think of many advantages of being my age rather than yours but hosting is definitely one of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with K9 on this one (though I’ve only been hosting for a couple of years so am relatively new to the hosting game) especially as I include breakfast in my listing price so feeding two people orange juice, cereal, pastries, yoghurts, definitely costs me more than feeding one. This is on top of the extra towels, showers etc.

I charge an extra £10 per person per night which seems to work and I feel is fair to single travellers. Only once have I been scammed (okay, I was very green and naive and should never have let it go) out of the extra person fee :see_no_evil::blush:

1 Like

I definitely don’t want to be on the bad side of an older woman who has no fucks to give. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. Very true :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I would be more concerned with whether or not the second guest is declared to Airbnb, I don’t think Insurance covers the second guest if he is not declared ,correct me if I am wrong

I do the same as the suggestion. I charge $40 for 1 or 2. We have 2 rooms, and one is smaller (the $40 room with private bath and full breakfast) and our suite is large enough for a king bed and a full sized air mattress, and for that I charge additional for a third person. But - I had to argue with a potential guest who wanted to bring 3 people in the smaller bedroom. I told her she would not have enough room (none of the three wanted to share the queen bed). But that they would be comfortable in the larger suite. BUT they’d have to pay more for the suite and pay an extra person amount. She left and was extremely unhappy.

I’ve had people book for 2, but then in discussions, saying they were bringing 3. I told them they’d have to go back through Air BnB and change it. They’d always feign confusion like “I don’t know how to do that.” So I’d have to go and do it for them. Sheesh.