Advice requested: Strict bookings and dates alteration request

It is not tricky if you just say no.

RR

Most alteration requests are probably a scam, especially for any stay that starts in a week or so.
The easy solution is "Sorry you can’t make it this time. Please cancel so we may have the option to refund you for days that do not get rebooked.
Then propose a Direct Booking for their next stay so they save the Air fees. Or, they prefer it is done through Air they can simply book the new stay as a new booking. If they are serious, they will jump all over one of these. If they balk and squirm, they are 100% full of crap and were absolutely going to screw the host with the 48 hour free cancel.

1 Like

In the past I have let them cancel and forfeit their money. Then give them an option to use that money IF they rebook within a three month period. With strict I am not obligated to give them anything so they have been very grateful to have the chance to not lose their money.
They rarely come back even when I give them 6 months and they don’t leave a review.
I have no issue if the person contacts me weeks ahead of reservation but four days is tough to rebook