Advice of wording of V.Bad review

I don’t agree. While it’s true these things happen, I feel responsible guests should let a host know and offer to pay for something they’ve damaged. I’ve only been hosting since November, and maybe I’ve just been lucky, but I’ve had guests let me know and give me, or offer to give me $$ for broken glasses, ruined sheets, and even for a burned towel. I’ve given them all good reviews, but I think trying to hide something is worth mentioning in a review. I wouldn’t want to host these people.

I’ve had guests break things and try to hide it. Bad. Just tell me and you will be forgiven!

2 Likes

lets agree to differ then

ty for your comments
Debs

1 Like

Of course, nothing personal. That’s what’s great about the forum; we can express our opinions and the OP and other readers can make their own decisions, which might be completely different than both of us.

1 Like

I actually say that in the guest book in a section titles “Spillage!” where I say I understand accidents happen and I have special cleaner for animal accidents and hope they tell me so the next dog doesn’t think it is a place to go. I also provide bulk salt to put on any red wine stains which (my youthful experience tells me) is the best way to get them off before any permanent damage is done.

Why thank you!!..