Advice for false reviews 1 Star

So do lots of things. :slight_smile: But (and I hate the expression) ‘it is what it is’. I think that most of us could think of many ways we’d like to improve things - from a host’s perspective - but they aren’t likely to happen so I accept what ‘it is’.

Very roughly, I’d say that about a third of our bookings some from Airbnb, a third from self-generated leads and a third from repeats/recommendations so I’d not like to have to rely on Airbnb.

1 Like

I’ve tried four times to get the review removed based on being called a racist scammer but apparently there is nothing wrong with the review… not happy but what can I do? Always looking after perpetrators and not the victims!

1 Like

@Debster, no one wants to be called a racist scammer but can’t you put this behind you and move on? You’ve been trying now for well over a week so I doubt you’re going to get a happy conclusion Your other good reviews negate this one. It’s the guest who looks bonkers to observers. Better to use that time positively rather than negatively. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good points on some of this Muddy, but I have a different side to tell. I recently received a 3* review, the second one in about 6 months. I was going to ignore it based on one of the things you mention, guests are not naive enough to worry about that one review. However, I woke up a couple of days ago to an email from airbnb saying my listing was in jeopardy of suspension or closure because of the reviews so we DO need to pay attention. In my case the review was no where near as vile as the one this poster had BUT there were false comments made as easily proven by the messages back and forth between the guest and myself. Airbnb’s final comment (when they refused to remove the review) was “we value the comment” (of the guest). I let airbnb know that I was going to ignore the untrue review until airbnb threatened suspension of my account. My take away? Airbnb "values the (untrue) comments of the guest at the expense of the host.

It’s not too late to try again.

If it were me I’d write Airbnb something like (edit appropriately):

Reference: Reservation #, Date, Name

This review should be removed based on Airbnb’s updated policy on retaliatory reviews. The review makes personal attacks (‘racist,’ ‘scammer,’). Plus, a review of prior correspondence/communications with Airbnb and the guest, shows that the review was left after the guest violated house rules and I asked for an additional cleaning fee and damages.

Please remove this review that does not meet Airbnb content guidelines.

I’m sure others here can improve this wording.

I also agree with @jaquo that if Airbnb does not remove it, to let it go and move on. It’s just that Airbnb recently (11/22) changed their policy on retaliatory reviews

That post was from 2 years ago.

I know.

With the new policy on retaliatory reviews it can be challenged anew if the Host so chooses.

1 Like