Advantages of a slower pace

I have returning direct booking guests who check my Airbnb calendar for availability and give me what dates they want to book.

1 Like

:rofl: Yes, all those great, reliable protections we can count on, like a million dollar guarantee when a guest burns your house down. The check for a new house will instantly be in the mail, I’m sure. Why would anyone ever take a chance on booking off-platform?

2 Likes

" * Soliciting guests for their email, mailing address, or other communications channels using the Airbnb messaging system or email alias after a booking
Asking guests for contact information after a booking in order to run credit checks or background checks."

I ask confirmed guests for their email addresses all the time to send them a map to my place. How else could I send it to them? That’s the most straightforward way. I used to try attaching it to those coded email addresses Airbnb assigns, but half the guests said they got the email but the attachment was missing. If Airbnb can’t manage reliable tech, of course hosts and guests will find other ways to communicate.

And oh my, heaven forbid you do a background check on a guest, because of course Airbnb vets all their guests so thoroughly, that hosts who have done background checks have found that there was an arrest warrant out for their guest, that they had several convictions for arson or assault, or they were child molesters. Can’t have hosts knowing that- it’s a place where “everyone belongs”.

1 Like

At this point, we still have two Airbnb listings, although all the dates are closed. Neither listing is entirely up to date, since some things have changed because of the pandemic. But if former guests (or people they refer to us) want to see our place, they can. Then they book with us.

1 Like