Academic survey on host's perceived entry barriers (3x50$ Amazon gift cards)

Dear Airbnb hosts,

I would like to invite you to participate in a research study to help identify entry barriers to the Airbnb platform from a host’s view. As a special thank you, we will raffle three Amazon gift cards worth 50$ each among all participants.

I thank you for devoting 6 minutes of your time to this survey:

https://survey.ise.tu-darmstadt.de/pic-airbnb/

All of your responses are anonymous. In case of any uncertainties, questions or feedback about the survey, please do not hesitate to contact me.

This invitation will expire within 21 days or until we have reached the required number of responses.

Thank you in advance for providing this important feedback.

Best regards,

Evgheni Croitor
Institute for Information Systems and E-Services
Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany

Because I was curious and bored, I scrolled through the first couple pages of questions in the survey. It doesn’t sound like you are familiar at all with how AirBnB operates their platform. Air doesn’t charge hosts to list their properties, so I don’t understand how that could be considered a barrier to entry. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My guess is that the exact same questions are asked of hosts on other platforms with “Airbnb” replaced by the name of the other platform.

2 Likes

Hi CeeBee,
I know, that some questions sound unsuitable for Airbnb platform. This is because the measurement scale is generic for multiple platform contexts (and this questions must be asked). Moreover, all questions are related to your perception and can be answered, even if airbnb doesn’t charge hosts :wink:

Hi Brian_R170,

exactly :slightly_smiling_face: