About to get screwed by host and AirBnb

It’s business first. Why would people do it otherwise? For me it’s not somethings extra, I rely on this income.
Also when I have ultra low prices it seems that locals start booking just for couple hours to have sex. I would rather not have locals

2 Likes

@dcmooney

After I talked to the AirBnb staff, the host decided to let us rent the place. I think they made it clear to him that he would incur all the penalties. However, at the moment, he has stopped responding to communications from us, so maybe he will still cancel on us last minute if he feels so inclined. As a backup plan, we have reserved a hotel about 45 minutes outside of town which we can cancel 24 hours in advance. So worst case scenario I guess we will have to pay a bit more and do more driving.

Wow, well, good luck! Who knows…it may all end up being for the best…maybe he’s not responding right now because he’s disappointed, but will come around. Has he been a host for awhile? If he’s invested in it he knows he has to do the right thing - if he cancels at the last minute it will have that in his reviews - and no one wants that. I think it looks very bad for the host.

I hope your family has a great time!

I don’t screen that much. I get a guest inquiry, look at their profile for reviews and allow them to book. But I am in Hawaii where nearly every trip over takes some considerable advance planning.

1 Like

I guess everyone has their own scenario. I mostly get 1-2 days bookings. If I answered all the inquires this often that would be madness.

Yes, Yana… You are a perfect example of someone who is a good fit for IB because of high turnover.

2 Likes

I just wish my guests actually USED it!! I love it love it love it when they do! Those are usually the best guests!! What does make me crazy a bit is that, after a two day conversation they book and then the message says “a guest just used instant book to book your room!”… Yeah, riiiight… ; )

We love IB but agree the guests don’t use it that often. The going back and forth with approvals and questions gets so tiring.

1 Like

It’s nice when they come with an Accept or Decline button instead of a Pre-Approve option.

1 Like

It does…but you can answer a lot of the questions in your listing description.