A Well-Deserved 4 Stars

This is great! Thanks for this.

I have something similar, but had struggled with how to phrase it and explain. This is very helpful!

2 Likes

Mike, that was beautifully written! Absolutely perfect.

We do the same thing- especially when we get 5 stars in every category and 4 stars overall (!?) We rarely get a response but have got feedbback a couple of times- and both times it left me even more annoyed than not giving feedback as their reasoning was not really justifying it!

Eloquently done @Mike_L! You’ve inspired me to start thinking about doing something similar. I’d prefer a guest left no review at all than anything less than a 5-starrer. I don’t think guests realise that leaving 4 stars can actually drags down our credentials.

1 Like

I agree @JonYork guests aren’t replying because they can’t be bothered/don’t like how they are asked/aren’t being incentivised to do so/don’t think they should have to justify their decisions.

Why would they be embarrassed? - they have a perfect right to make a judgement on the quality of their experience. From a host point of view that might not be justified but that’s not the point for the guest.

I too have a small room, one bed, but also have couches and space outside of the room that people can sleep if need be. I’ve had people request larger groups, up to 4 people, and it is a very big hassle, you might get more money, but I feel it’s not worth it, plus it is just confusing for guests. It worked out fine in most cases, but it just adds a bit of awkwardness for their stay in addition to having people sleeping on couches/air mattresses. I say better to limit the number of guests (except for rare occasions) and resist the urge to make more money by adding temporary beds.

1 Like