A possible option for locking up supplies?

I just reduced the amount of TP I don’t want the extra rolls getting sold on the black market.

RR

4 Likes

I usually leave a generous amount of extra TP rolls as I haven’t had anyone take them yet and figured if I did it wouldn’t cost me much if it did happen, but with the shortage (which I think will be very temporary) I have only doled out what I think my guests will use and locked up the rest. I would hate to run out before the grocery stores have it stocked again.

1 Like

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not, but my sister saw a post yesterday on her local (Seattle) Facebook Marketplace for someone selling a pack of TP :flushed:

There are always the scammers and profiteers.

I remember my mom telling me years ago about her landlady in Seattle (1944) requiring them to give up some of their ration coupons “for sugar,” but no sugar was ever provided at the boarding home table.

Hopefully these a holes will get stuck with their stuff and make zero profits.

2 Likes

a seller Amazon has 80 roll case of TP for $250 rn

RR

I thought they were shutting those things down.

Me too, but I could not see a way to report it or I would have.

I don’t lock up toilet paper because I haven’t had a problem with people stealing that. I lock up my towels, sheets and extra toiletries because those do get stolen.

I have never had a comment for not having these things, I do however list items we provide, as well as items they will want to bring in my welcome email that they receive 2 day prior to their stay, this email also has access codes for property check in etc. I at one point did get some comments that we did not provide salt and pepper, had the cleaning lady check and sure enough someone took the bulk salt and pepper from the pantry, it had only been there for 2 weeks and both were missing. We now fill the shakers as needed and those are stored in with supplies.

1 Like

I also have a lockable closet. We keep extra sheets Cleaning supplies towels coffee soap etc… and the cost to us if everything was taken would be considerable. We bought a sign that says manager only for the front, and so far, to our knowledge, no one has broken into it. We actually forgot the key one day and had to break into it ourselves. It was not easy! On the downside, our Push button demand water heater is inside it and we bumped it accidentally one day turning it off. Got a “We don’t have any hot water” call. We realized immediately what We had done and we were out of town and had to send our emergency back up over to open the closet and turn it back on. Now we have a small box taped over the button to prevent it. A newbee lesson for me.

3 Likes