A nice Airbnb story in the time of Coronavirus

I got a text from former guests of mine who will be passing through in the next couple of weeks. They apologized for not stopping but said they are in an RV and will just go through but we could visit from a safe distance in the yard. LOL. They asked if they could use my address to have some things shipped, including dog food. They said I can leave it on the porch and they will just pick up if I’m not here. On previous stays we’ve grilled out and shared an evening visiting so I’ll be sad to not get to do that this time. This couple also texted me after the Wal Mart shooting to make sure I was safe and sound.

Anyone else have an inspiring coronavirus Airbnb/STR/LTR story to share?

4 Likes

I’ve had a number of ex-guests reach out to me. Mostly the ones who sought out my business account on Instagram. Also, the family who first cancelled on because of COVID told me said they would also be a friendly ear if we needed to talk, which was a very sweet thing to say.

3 Likes

We have a repeat guest that is a favorite of ours. We check on her, she checks on us. Not a huge thing, bc I don’t meet most of my guests, but Anne is special to us and we are glad to hear that she and her elderly father are well.

2 Likes

The story is dreadful. Luckily, everything did not end up tragically. But such things can be never justified