A Dumb Poster and Dumber Poster - don't read!

How do I tag a response as “helpful” so you earn your badges, or whatever?

@sandy2 A very astute response. I knew I liked you.
J

@faheem

Dave is one of the owners, when I get a sec I’ll change the profile name.

I can think of no better leverage than being in charge of one’s home, personal belongings and pets. Or of having created a business that took them from 0% occupancy to 93 in two months. Or that said business is all computer based and they can barely use email.

Maybe I’m being smug or over-confident. But in the surprisingly wise words of Shaq O’Neil, “I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.” :wink:

1 Like

Why not offering to get % income that is over last year income of the place you are managing during for example a year

So if you are not improving, you get 0. It’s more win win in this case I think

1 Like

Hi @Perezo,

Fair enough. But I once had a colleague who remarked to me that “everyone is replaceable” or maybe “nobody is irreplacable”. I don’t think is literally true, but he did have a point. I think it’s more about perception - are your clients clear on how much you are doing for them? Just make sure your clients understand how valuable you are, and that you cannot be easily replaced. People, surprisingly often, don’t have a clue. Again, based on my possibly atypical experience.

Being a professional investor of your own assets? You’re not working for anyone but yourself.

1 Like

@faheem - you raise great points and I appreciate you guarding my interests.

Luckily, the owners have had 28 years of poor and mediocre caretakers, so they definitely are seeing the value.

Yes, that being said, were I to break a leg or something? I’d be replaced in a heartbeat… such is the nature of the employee/employer relationship :slight_smile:

Pura vida!

1 Like

@sandy2 - I cannot think of an example, either.

Even the owner’s dog is my client. Good thing he adores me! :wink:

[quote=“faheem, post:25, topic:7772”]
Being a professional investor of your own assets? You’re not working for anyone but yourself
[/quote]Yes – perfect example!

That does entail doing something at some point to create those assets, unless you are lucky enough to get them the old-fashioned way!

Robbing a bank, you mean?

Susan what is the ‘old-fashion way’? I dare ask. :slight_smile:

Inheritance of course. That is how the best fortunes are started!

Precisely, @Perezo is just starting, just like most or our own journeys have a humble beginning.

@Perezo, you do have a few good qualities going for you: youthful enthusiasm, a thirst to learn, a nice open manner and you do love to think. Once you define what really strikes your fancy in this world, the odds are in your favor to do well with those qualities.

1 Like

Aw, Meanrs, thank you! So sweet?

But what makes you think I’m young? I cannot even read this response without my reading glasses! Guess I chose the right profile pic - big hat, far away, face obscured!

1 Like

Well ‘youthful enthusiasm’ is not limited to young people. :wink:

I myself have refused to grow up; I heard it is boring.

I used to have a button on my jean jacket (how’s that for dating oneself!) reading, “I refuse to grow up.” :smiley: