5 Stars in Feedback - 4 Stars Overall Ratings

I have my guests watch a video before they leave:

“Please sir, may I have a 5”

5 Likes

Younger guests do seem to use the online version. They are used to doing everything with a phone.

For guests 30-35 or more, we often have conversations about their interests, sometimes arrange reservations, etc. They like the printed version.

The coolest thing is hosting a couple who are celebrating a life event. We get to pull out all the stops. Wine, welcome cocktails, and a platter of cheese, shrimp, olives, meats, popcorn (freshly made with olive oil & butter), dark chocolate, etc.

1 Like

I never said that I have faith in guests. I said that I didn’t need it.

1 Like

But fucked if they’re vegans then, eh?

JF

3 Likes

They could eat the olives :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If its a birthday or anniversary I try to acknowledge it and provide something. This past weekend’s guest mentioned it was his GirlFriend’s birthday, so a bottle of wine was awaiting them along with the baked goods that i have become known for and (because of the reviews) are now expected :shushing_face:. It’s a bit of a hit or miss, without knowing all that much about their tastes or behaviors, so it tends to be something generic.

It’s when I have returning guests that I like to take it up a notch. Before I moved here I used to come to AZ on business and to visit my aging mother. So to be able to help my guest bring a treat to her mom was very much appreciated by the guest (and her mom) And, for me, it was a nice way to pay tribute to my deceased mother.

Also in the picture above is my guest manual, which I too have now made a duplicate to swap out between guests. The online is not used all the much but the hard copy is accessible and often commented on in reviews.

Or have a shellfish allergy.

(this is too easy, lol)

Why bother? You can just tell them that they have to give you a 5-Star review because that’s what you need them to do :rofl:

1 Like

How totally cool. Did you bake that incredible cake? I bet you did. Damn!

That house manual is just sick. What is that - 50 pages? As always you consistently serve to inspire by your example.

In only a short time, we hosted two 40th Bdays and two anniversary’s. They are fun!

@Jefferson Baking Has become a bit of hobby, so yes.

As for the manual, It’s got a lot of pictures and is in sections; I’d like to think it’s easy to follow or to find what’s needed.

There was a topic awhile back where we discussed approaches, and I posted some photos:
https://airhostsforum.com/t/advice-needed-for-house-manual/26369/52?u=hh_az

1 Like

I thought we were having repartee as we have before :confused:

I’ll give you that. 4.87 does indeed round-up to 4.9. What does 4.7 for cleanliness round up to?

Honestly, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with rounding up to 4.9. You shouldn’t worry about it so much.

Not sure where the “approval” was insinuated? If you’re going to quote your stats, you should at least be honest. I will always call out dishonesty. I thought you were a techie? :wink:

Some advice, the spread that you do for special occasions is a bit over the top. And that’s fine, I have no trouble with over the top, but, perhaps, you could pull-back on the special occasions and split up the funds to give each and every guest a bit of special treatment. One 5-star review is still only one. The expense that goes into the occasions could easily allow you to flatter every guest. I know you are being fussy with me, but I am giving you good advice. For free. And I am confident in it :smiley:

Moderators, I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s tired of “Jefferson”. Isn’t a vacation due by now?

1 Like