4*, would stay again!

5 - really liked it for what was described
4 - still good but fell short in a couple of areas
3 - below average - probably wouldn’t stay again if I had a choice
2 - meh - I wish I hadn’t stayed
1 - bad or terrible - burn it down baby and start again! (not really)

But you know that is just me. I would be happier with ratings like TA where I got say an average of 4/5 if that was consistent with what others are getting.

1 Like

My wife often gets frustrated when guests mark 4 for Value. I tell don’t worry about it- many people will not mark 5 for that because they always want it cheaper. If you get 5 for value all the time you should raise your prices.

It is ironic because they mark 5 for everything else and they knew what they were paying when they booked it. It is more transparent on exactly what it costs than hotels are with how much taxes and fees are.

1 Like

I consistently get 4 stars on value from backpackers - young people traveling on a shoestring who should be in hostels but decide they want a break, some quiet comfort and a mother-figure host. In the past I have bent over backwards to meet their needs and now I try to weed them out at booking stage. They drive me bonkers!

1 Like

Yes, in this business, one lives and learns.

Happened to us too! Guest seemed very happy and raved about everything, saying it was better than any hotel she had stayed in and would love to come back.Gave us a great review but only 4 stars. If they want to come back next year they are definitely out of luck!

I love this and am thinking of using this (slightly modified) in an email to a guest. They had a great weekend but something instinctively tells me they’re likely to be 4 star reviewers . (They’re totally new to Airbnb) and I’m wondering about pre-empting this in a friendly, chatty way. Or at least having warning, I’ve asked them for feedback personally. Fingers crossed !