3 Star Review for personal check in

I’m a superhost too, but I would never ridicule or make fun of a guest. That’s rude, and doesn’t help anyone, but it does make you sound like a bully. Discussing something with someone is different from trying to shame them. Don’t recommend them. Talk about the problems you encountered. But ridiculing them? C’mon.

Do what’s suits you.

This guest is a Big bully himself and so are you.

1 Like

And I sometimes get negative comments in reviews because there is no reception desk in my guest house and they have to self check-in (I explain the check-in process upon receiving booking, send codes and directions to the house on the day, and also offer to book their taxi)… This shows how you can never get it right!!

2 Likes

I’ve used the check-in kiosk twice, once in Reno and once in Laughlin. It’s easy-peasy, quick and efficient…but there’s a down-side…you don’t get any preferences. The room is in the same category as ordered but you either get the luck-of-the-draw or they assign the less desired rooms for auto check-in.

One time we got a room clear out in bum-f*** Idaho (in other words, wa-ay down the hall from the elevator and facing west (hot sun). The other time, our kiosk-assigned room had a view of the air-con units on the roof below with coffee cups, cig butts and condoms thrown from people’s balconies.

In both cases, we ended up standing in a long line at the front desk to ask for a different room.

I don’t use the check-in kiosk anymore.

3 Likes

Oops…my post doesn’t make any sense because Arlene (above) withdrew hers. But heck, since Kona “liked” it, I’ll leave it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sorry SandyToes, I withdrew my post after I saw that others had already pointed out that checkin kiosks exist. I was catching up on older posts as I was off the forum for the most part for a few months having surgery, etc.

1 Like

@Arlene_Larsson

Hope all is okay… :sunflower: :rainbow:

Cuz it was entertaining like so many of your posts! :rofl::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you! I am fine. I had two discs in my neck/spine replaced with artificial discs. I’m bionic now!!! Slowly healing.

I just had the same problem with guests asking for directions when I had already sent them, then on day of arrival they got lost for one and a half hours because they did not follow directions and had no phone on them? The female was so sulky she didn’t even speak, he ended up screaming at her when I left the room- obviously a great holiday for them! She was then aggressive on the message system asking for the heating to be put on, it was and had been all afternoon and night. Are we expected as hosts to babysit our guests, who by the way were in their fifties? There is no excuse for such anger. I rang airbnb to have second day cancelled, I think she was trying to scam a free stay because of her diva moment and knew I heard her husband call her some very bad things. Guess what, she wanted a full refund. After going on facebook I finally got my money but I am waiting for a decision on the review. The only bad in 145 reviews and two years hosting.After what I wrote, no host will have her.

1 Like

I think that is so interesting that they were annoyed you wanted to check them in.
i have been unable to check guests in maybe 5 times in 7 years and I always feel terrible not being there! (I usually sen a friend, maybe twice left the key).
Here in Italy guests expect you to check them in personally, and I think could give you a bad review if you did not.