3 star guest, only 2 reviews

Excellent!!

An accident would, I think, still count against you. But at least you had coverage. Yes, checking the drivers license is critical. The advice not to charge was excellent advice as well.

In my experience, depends on who is found to be at fault. If it’s the driver of another vehicle, their insurance pays and your premiums don’t go up.

1 Like

Many states are no fault.

Or 12 :wink:

…

Even MORE reason to write a review. We hosts need information to deal with guests. Being ‘on the spectrum’ or having any issues does not make their transgressions any less egregious…

2 Likes

I’ve had guests who seemed socially uncomfortable, who I suspected might be on the autism spectrum, and also have friends on the spectrum. It doesn’t prevent them from perceiving when someone has been kind and helpful to them and saying thank you.
You aren’t reviewing guests as people, but as to their suitability as guests. if they are disrespectful, entitled, leave the place a mess, ignore house rules, it doesn’t really matter why they did those things, other hosts still need to be informed.

1 Like

WOW! You let a stranger use your car. I love my VW too much to lend it to a guest whom I do not know the first thing about. You sound like an awesome host.

1 Like

I’m sorry…but you lent them your car…are you completely mad??

2 Likes

It was an extra and very old car but working car.

Even worse - lower quality safety features, work parts, all make for more possible tragedy.

The point folks are making is not about the car but the insurance / liability issue. ‘Loaning’ someone something like a car or a boat could impoverish you if they got into an accident - and they sued you.

You DID have insurance to cover loss of life etc on the car? And listed your guests on the policy? If not, no no no no no…

2 Likes

She did say that she called her insurance agent to make sure that the driver would be covered under her policy.

I raised above the potential issue that any accident might increase her premiums if she’s in a no-fault state, if the driver had no auto insurance coverage or its motorcycle coverage’s limits/coverages were exceeded in a fault state, or perhaps under other policy conditions (DUI, intentional, other). There are, at a minimum potential issues of inconvenience, maybe worse, if the vehicle is ticketed by automated cameras or involved in a crime.

She agrees now that loaning the car was not a good idea, that driving the guest to a rental car place would have been both generous and prudent.

1 Like

So the guest stayed and checked out, left the place in good shape and left a cash tip. He left me a good 5 star review, as I did for him. I also told him he may have a shot at getting that review removed since there was no words, nothing helpful or relevant.

Next!

RR

6 Likes

Well, that I don’t know about. Hopefully if the review is fair and balanced, and recites the conduct in a factual way any anger the guest might feel will fade away over time.

you are very lucky if you haven’t had guests try to retaliate against simple things in the review.

Recently, i checked in a guest who brought 10 people to stay in my house, booked for 4. Conveniently I charge 7$ per person over 4.

I asked her to correct her booking and she threw a fit complaining that she shouldn’t have to pay more, and left me a 3 star review when it was all over. She knew exactly what she was doing when she completed her booking.

1 Like

You’re right.

We have been very lucky.

It is interesting, isn’t it, how naturally our opinions are shaped by our experiences and how we so easily conclude ‘that’s how things ARE’ or ‘well, I did things the right (wrong) way’?

When it was luck all along.

Not Barzini.

Nor [fill in the blanks].

i certainly do not think “thats how things are” because i have a 4.96 rating and the vast majority of my guests are fantastic… however, when i do have to address anything with a guest, or if they leave my place disgusting, or whatever… i will send them a very nice message after they check out, but i will refrain from paying any compliments like “thanks for leaving the place clean” for example, i just wish them a safe trip home or whatever, then i hit em with their review… it ensures they leave me a fair review… if they try to scam me i will hit them guests with an aircover request as soon as they leave their review as well to prevent retaliation if they damage anything, which has only happened 2 or 3 times out of over 100 bookings.

1 Like