17 and 18 year old guests :)

My location is in a middle of nowhere - in PA woods. I get 75% of guests coming for a romantic get away because of my fireplace and unique setting, also guests like a lot my rain huge shower for 2 people :slight_smile: with SPA bathroom. I have no blazing Internet speed, no TVā€¦

4 Likes

Sounds like it would have been perfect for themā€¦I am sure now they know to book through the boyfriend they will find something that works well for them.

1 Like

I guessā€¦ My water heater would have been working non stop :slight_smile:
I do my Airbnb for fun, not for a headache.

2 Likes

Helsi at that age where Iā€™m from in UK thereā€™s a chance theyā€™d be bringing their kids with them as well :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

At that age I went on my first holiday with my 18yr old boyfriend and stayed in a B&B in Blackpool UK.

2 Likes

Are all those places they mentioned nearby?

@Marina

Iā€™m with you. Experience in hosting makes us more discerning about potential guests.

Although the 17-yr. old sounds mature and on her way to becoming a commendable adult, I would prefer to wait until she is.

1 Like

Newcastle? Blackwood? Glasgow? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh the romance :slight_smile:

Longwood gardens are 40 min of driving from us. Lancaster,PA is 25 min of driving North of here. Another places I do not know.

I know, some ladies have children in this age. But who wants those ladies at your Airbnb? Maybe not even high school graduatesā€¦

At that age I got accepted into Chelyabianian university and was studying seriously to get my BS in Biology and Chemistry. No way that my parents would let me have a vacation with a boyfriend.

2 Likes

And you are an MD in Russia, correct? Or Ukraine? I forget which country you are from!

I am from Russia, I have 5 years of university, it is Bachelor of Science.
I remember you :slight_smile: thank you for my Airbnb comfortable bed :slight_smile: It is one year old! And no guestā€™s complaining any more.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t that bed giveaway the best thing to ever come along?!!!
You are one of my favorite forum members so I hope you will check back with us frequently!

1 Like

That bed and pillows :slight_smile: are the best! Thank you for nice words about me!
I will be here with a few questions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nope - near Nottingham we wanted a more ā€˜exoticā€™ location than Skeg-Vegas

1 Like

LOL! This reminds me of that urban myth/joke about a banner spotted on a local roundabout in Manchester that read ā€œHappy 30th, Nanna!ā€

1 Like

Iā€™ve hosted lots of 18-20 year olds, one was 17 when she arrived and had her birthday here. Theyā€™ve all been fine, no better or worse than other age groups. But yes, hosts have to do what is comfortable for them.

1 Like

Absolutely.

Agreed.

But I just donā€™t know what age this happens at. 100% of my youngest guests have been great. 5% of my older guests leave something to be desired. So based on my experienceā€¦

My mother got married just before her 17th birthday and had my sister 8 months later. (1944). I moved out of the house the first time just before my 18th birthday and again, permanently, when I was 19 so Iā€™m biased.

1 Like

Ha, exactly! It never happens for some people. For their entire lives they behave like petulant toddlers who believe the whole world revolves around them. I too like my young guests generally. The fact that they are confident about travelling at that age and mature enough to engage in good communication is enough for me. Plus they are far more au fait with the concept of Airbnb usually.