1 negative review response out of 26

The guest was a drama queen.
I live in a 17th century country house,three stories.
There are your everyday cobwebs and then their is the longterm wall dust that even I have missed.
You will never please everyone neither should you try too.
Accept it and move along.

1 Like

And that is really the secret. For anyyone who is thinking about signing up for a hosting workshop or just wants to know how to win the Airbnb game, @RiverRock has given you the answer. In fact, itā€™s best to sit anywhere that a guest might sit when checking the listing and also stand at the stove and the bathroom sink.

3 Likes

And lie on the bed at night with the lights on. Are the light fixtures full of dead bugs and dust? Cleaning usually gets done in daylight hours. Check what is seen at night with the lights on.

2 Likes

Speaking of doing what a guest would do to find issues (QA - quality assurance)ā€¦ it somehow slipped my mind that the master bedroom door locks from the inside. I just noticed (again) and then realized that I had no way to get a guest back inside the room if they locked it by accident. The ā€œkeyā€ is an old style instrument with a flat end to ā€œturnā€ rather than ā€œpokeā€ the lock. :scream:. Then to really drive the point home, I accidentally locked myself out of the room w/ zero idea where that dumb key thing was. After literally chancing across it on my way to the leave for the hardware store to buy one, I couldnā€™t even figure it out at first. 10 min later I was in, key hidden INSIDE the house & me giving thanks in 3 years no guest was loser enough to do what Iā€™d just done :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

Iā€™m in a fairly upscale hotel in NYC as we speak, and tsk tsking over the soap scum in the shower and toothpaste spatters on the bottom of the mirror over the sink.

5 Likes

Oh do tellā€¦

2 Likes

Speaking of keysā€¦ our vintage trailer never came with keys, only hasps and combination locks on the outside. But you could still lock the doors from the inside! I thought it best to just have those combo locks outside and old fashioned chain locks to protect you from the coyotes while inside. So MK removed the locking mechanism from inside the actual door handles. No complaints, no-one stuck inside, plenty privacy, plenty security.

If I hadnā€™t done that and a guest somehow locked the trailer, with no one in it, it is impermeable and I would have had to destroy a part of it to get inside!

On the main subject, I need to crawl under to the far corner of the bed soon! AND MY NEW AMENITY is coming along, contractor is back!! $$$$

1 Like