Worried about the lack of inquiries/reservations

Jaquo, THANK YOU!!! Your advise is priceless.

2 Likes

Hi Artemis,

I gave a lot of thought about Jaquo and Sandy advise. It is a priceless advise. I am in the process of researching my options. I simply do not want to rely on Airbnb only. I think that Airbnb is still great, and I don’t think that other competitors to Airbnb are up to the par of Airbnb.

I made a mistake of going after the same peace of pie, yet there are so many variables and unknowns as a Host. Putting all eggs in one basket is a mistake.

There is only so much of the pie. Depending on such things as to where you place is, your own life style and budget that you are working with one has to make proper adjustments.

Once I have figured my next step, I will be glad to share this on this forum.

1 Like

Sarah, if I were to search for a rental by owner in, say, Vail, that does not go through Airbnb or any of its competitors, how would I search for their website and/or blog?

You would have to do a google search and sort past all of the promoted links. I’ve now created a website and I need to see where I come up!

Sarah, smart! I am starting on the same principal.
Wish you all the success!!!

1 Like

@florbone Thank you! I would like to say I built it from scratch, but I did not. I bought a Bootstrap-based template from Vossen Design and customized it. My HTML/CSS chops are not that sophisticated, but I found it pretty easy to modify. I did the coding in Dreamweaver originally, but I finally dumped my Adobe Creative Suite $ubscription, so now I just use BBEdit.