Will Airbnb give guest refunds when they escalate to the resolution center?

I will refund if I am able to rent the place.Not always easy in short notice

It seems to me that the reason this person is so angry and using so many exclamation marks is because she knows that she has been careless. I can understand that it was in the heat of the moment - the thought that her son has just got his first job - but even so, she wasn’t paying attention.

Most people wouldn’t book accommodation when the potential job hadn’t been confirmed. Most people would have checked the situation regarding cancellation before spending over $2000 in such circumstances. Most people check cancellation policies when just booking a two night stay in a hotel for a couple of hundred dollars.

The situation she finds herself in is not the fault of Airbnb and not the fault of the host. It was her own carelessness but she just wants to rant and has to blame someone other than herself, I guess.

3 Likes

He’s not the swindler. You swindled yourself by not reading the fine print. Airbnb encourages this. Blame Airbnb and yourself, not the host.

2 Likes

I agree with this. See my recent post. They definately side with the guest not the host.

3 Likes

It’s not even fine print. The policy is there plain as day for anyone to see before they book. Maybe host should offer something considering the fact that the reservation was cancelled shortly after it was made, but he is by no means obligated to. His listing was not available for anyone else to book once the reservation was confirmed, so that is a potential loss to him that he should not have to swallow.

Sorry about your situation! I could definitely use that $200 voucher lol :slight_smile:

I agree with various hosts stating the REAL writing on the wall… your STRICT policy is a fantasy… guests get whatever they want… they can also break your windows, bust your champagne flutes, trash your house and get away with anything else they want to do… however unsavory. if guests dispute, they get a clean slate , their money back, etc. Guests are the client… air bnb serves as a payment service for hosts nothing more and state clearly its their way or the highway…still its less than a third of 1 percent of guests that are problematic so its pay the broken windows,glass doors, toilets ripped from the floors, give them bottles of wine, tequilla, dinners, gifts cakes, champagne and extras discounting your rates while they complain you forgot the salt shaker … because it is business as usual and business is GOOD woo hoo!

Hello All,

This situation was resolved two years ago. I received my full payment. I am no longer a host for Airbnb. Thanks for the responses. I am no longer in need of advice.

1 Like