Why are Americans so difficult to please?

Having contact with foreigners depends on where in the US a person is from. If they’re from a rural area then they probably don’t have much contact with foreigners. Some areas have a lot of foreigners, like Florida having a lot of Cuban and Haitian immigrants. Having said that, a lot of Americans do have a tendency to complain about things. We tend to have a customer is always right attitude.

Reading many of your comments leads me to believe you are stereotyping, which is never good. I have had people stay in my home who ranged in age from 6-75, Americans, Indians, Europeans, etc. To date, I have not received one
Negative review. I treat everyone respectfully, regardless of where they’re from, how they act or how old they are. I have house rules that are clearly written. Some I explain verbally. Everyone, without exception, has left their space very clean. Respect is given and respect is received. I certainly have been perplexed by some behaviors, and yes, I’ve wondered about cultural influences, but that’s only out of my own ignorance. If you open your home to strangers, you must respect your guests, don’t judge, and for goodness sakes stop labeling people! There’s “ugly” in every country. I’ve lived all over the u.s, and spent 8 years in Germany, traveling all over Europe. I can tell you off the cuff canadians and the French have been the rudest people I’ve ever met. That being said, they would be welcome in my home. Until you prove otherwise, your slate is clean!