Where are you from?

And supposedly… where the Maltese dog breed originated from!

Thanks for saying so. And it really is the best spot. If I don’t have guests I love taking a nap there. You can’t see it in the pic, but there’s a nice skylight that gives a view of some swaying palms in the back yard.

1 Like

Hi Frederick:)
I live in Tokyo and run 2 entire apartments. I run another listing with my friends in Okinawa.

Melbourne Australia here.

I was born in Los Angeles, CA. I lived in New Orleans for nine months and in Marin County, CA for three years both when I was a child. Other than that I’ve always lived in Los Angeles. I host in Palms, CA which is an area of Los Angeles on the West Side.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,

Am from Ireland, Dublin to be specific. That is an Irish blessing to all the hosts united by airbnb throughout the world.

9 Likes

@EllenN would love to see your listing!

Hi Wlmsgrp,

Here is my listing.

I didn’t expected that much respond, what an awesome and positive community! :blush:

2 Likes

Inspired by all of these view pictures, I went to take a picture from our AirBNB rooms… the screens on the skylights are, well, dirty. Clearly, when we are closed on Monday and Tuesday for some minor work in the rooms, I need to take those screens down and wash them! Perhaps I should cross post in the Cleaning BooBoos thread. Though we have a 100% for Cleanliness. [Has no one noticed? Or they just don’t care?]

1 Like

@EllenN I love your place. I can see why you have so many great reviews. Such a perfect location.

Thank you very much for the compliments. You are a kind person.

Black Forest, Germany.

We rent out an apartment in the ground floor of our house. We share the kitchen with our guests.

5 Likes

Great apartment! Actually I’m in Karlsruhe right now, so not that far away :smiley:

Come over for a visit :slight_smile:

from Bavaria, but hosting in Dublin, Ireland.

1 Like

I grew up in Fairhope, Alabama. My rental apartment is our part-time home in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

1 Like

Greenville, SC, USA. We have a garage apartment. Welcome in retro!

1 Like

My mom is from Greenville! My Pop was stationed there in WWII, just outside - they met at the officer’s club which is now the American Legion War Museum downtown. They had their first kiss at the Robert E Lee memorial. They have now been married since 1945…72 years in June.

3 Likes

Wow, @dcmooney! I just last night saw an article about the military posts in SC and some history of them. Is your dad Air Force? I know Donaldson Air Force Base was big back then. Where do they live now? And congratulations on having them around so long! Does your mom have family here still?
Also our house is in an older neighborhood here in Greenville that was built specifically for young service people returning from the war. The houses are small bungalow types. We found a lot in here and built last year. We love the area. Sounds like you have visited here a few times.
Thanks for speaking up!