What things "get lost" most often?

uh…Dave, does your wife know you threw away ‘good and expensive’ pots, pans, cups and plates? (tsk-tsk)

1 Like

Small garbage tin for food scraps–

“We hope you leave with lots of beautiful memories, but please do not take any souvenirs from our home.”

I was thinking of putting something like this in a visible place in the apartment. Do you guys think this could help?

2 Likes

yeah, I made her carry everything out to the trailer-- hehe. Then we spent the day painting the kitchen cupboards and let off some bombs-- not finished yet. That’s cocky bombs btw. You know think my problems been iv been too nice. Dont laugh im seruios for once. they have the entire downstairs .- their own kitchen- entry , even indoor pool-
I* pay a cleaner to go in weekly and clean their bathrooms and vac and mop the entire downstairs.

Now one of them expects the cleaner to wipe the stove mopt anything dropped in the kitchen and wait for it hes only paying 150pw!

I supply everything- I USED TO until yesterday-- Threw the whole lot out-- they can but their own pots plates pans and kitchen tidy AND buy their own cleaner products.

I must remember to toss out the mops brooms vacuum cleaner - and cleaning products.

Thast way yjey will have NOTHING to complain about Hehe

Not true for me. I’m not in a nice country town, I’m in a busy city with nightclubs nearby and plenty of nightlife. And yes, 99.9% of guests are excellent. You should maybe study your listing to make sure that you’re attracting the right people if you get ‘trouble – and often’.

@dave This makes absolutely no sense. You have reduced the value and usability of your listing and think people won’t complain that they can’t cook in the kitchen that they have rented?

I deliberately stock the place well with cleaning products and implements which is probably why most guest leave the place in fabulous condition.

I can tell you’re a bit agitated, Dave. Your spelling seriously deteriorated. (ha!)

So you basically stripped your rental of things to keep it functioning (kitchenware) and tidy (cleaning products and even the broom). Well I can already picture what it will look like after a guest leaves.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hair dryers. They have never been nice ones so I’m not sure if it’s accidental or on purpose.
I have a lending library thing set up, so lots of books have rotated in and out.
Butter knifes go missing a lot too. We have a nice record collection and surprisingly nothing has ever gone missing from there!

1 Like

He’s either on a phone or in the pub.

I like it! Hopefully they’ll read it :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s a potatoe knife?

I think it is the same thing as a carrot peeler. Or an apple peeler.

paring knife

2o 20 20

1 Like

Its what we chefs use to prepare veg. It’s useful for creating turned potatoes which is part of French classic cooking.

Of course it’s used to prepare other veg too not just potatoes.

We do not have electricity as we have traditional earth house designs. So we have solar lighting and lanterns candles and the like. Before we figured out the solar for the electrical power strip we didn’t have any way for people to plug in their devices. So we let people who were desperate use our power inverter they can plug in their car. Well someone took off with it and promised to return it. Never came in the mail and Airbnb would not open it for compensation because the time had passed for the mail allowance.

I had an entire place setting of flatware go missing. Until I found it in the garbage can. We have a dishwasher, and I don’t even require one to run it–just put your dirty stuff in it. I guess that was just too difficult.

I have binoculars in 2 of my rooms, they have been out for the day many a time but are still there after 30 years!!

The toilet seat bumpers…!!!..

Ok…I have to ask… what is a toilet seat bumper? I am resisting the urge to google.

1 Like