What must have tools do you use?

I’m writing a blog post to summarize “must have” tools for hosts.

Can you share your experience using tools to manage your AirBnB? Either services like Airenvy or software management tools.

Thanks, I’ll share the post for all contributors once I get it published.

Chris

1 Like

Hey Chris.

The only software management tool I can think of is BeyondStays, which is pricing optimization. There are a number of value-add services, a few off the top of my head:

Airbnb Cleaning Service: MaidThis! Cleaning

Full-Service Management: Airenvy, MyVRHost

Bellhop Services: Huit.ly, UrbanBellHop

1 Like

Hi Neel, thanks so much. I put this together with your resources. It be great to chat at some point, I’d love to learn more about MaidThis!

http://kungfu.co/tools-for-airbnb-hosts/

Really appreciate your help, if anyone has other tools, please chime in and I’ll add them to the post.

• Chris
1 Like

Hi Chris,

On the more fun / guest experience side, I create a collection of recommendations on Wanderant.com that helps guests plan their visit. It’s handy since it gives them access to offline maps, info, etc via their phone once they’re traveling. From a host perspective its fairly easy to personalize my collections to specific guests. See an example for East Village NYC (where I used to live) or tapas around Madrid (where I live now).

Thanks,
Vanya

PS full disclosure - I’m one of the founders of wanderant.

2 Likes

Thanks Vanya, thats awesome. I’ve added it to the post. We’re going to fill these out in more detail soon, so thanks for the info.

Thanks, Chris! Another tool that I learned about coincidentally today is Beyond Pricing - it helps hosts dynamically price their properties competitively within their area. I haven’t tried it since I don’t have an airbnb property in the cities they cover but the idea seems very interesting, so might be worth checking it out… has anyone else used it on this forum?

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention, Vanya! What city is your listing in? We might be there soon!

Currently Madrid! Good luck, and let me know : )

Great! Madrid is next on our list when we launch in Europe very soon! We have a lot of people already signed up in Spain.

No worries man, good luck with the list! Feel free to ping me via our website if you ever want to chat.

Hi Chris,

I work for Favrit (www.favritapp.com). Several AirBnB hosts use our platform to provide recommendation for local places to their guest (e.g. favorite restaurants, stores nearby etc). A host can create a profile and guests can follow the profile to easily find all the recommendations. Happy to give you more information if you would like
Thanks
Anke

Hello Chris,

EasyGuests is a full service management with price optimization for short term rentals.
We are actually present in Paris- France, and are in the process of launching NYC and are actually in Beta and would have our official launch on January 1st 2015.

Looking forward to your article and please follow us on Twitter for our updates @EasyGuests

Ali

1 Like

Hi Hosts -

Thanks to this list and the generosity of many of the makers of these tools, we’re able to run a giveaway for 3 Airbnb hosts to win a package valued at $450 with many of these great services.

Would love to have a Airhosts forum user win. Let me know if you have Q’s.

http://kungfu.co/airbnb-hosts/

PS: if any would like to be added to the package, we can do so, please contact zubin@kungfu.co

Hi there,
Voyjer.com is offering a tool to help guests plan their visit before they arrive.
Adding attraction to maps and providing all the necessary information, easily.
Thanks

1 Like

I know you were looking for software tools, but I have a hardware suggestion. I’ve replaced the locks on my properties with Kwikset SmartKey locks. These can be rekeyed quickly without having to take the lock apart, or hire a locksmith.

KwikSet Smartkey

2 Likes

Thanks for including Beyond Pricing on the list, Chris! Let us know who the big winners of the free full-year are!

2 Likes

Hey Chris,

I work for TINE (www.tinetag.com). TINE is what you would get if you combined a Post-it note with YouTube - Its great for leaving video instructions attached to anything. TINE is an app for Andorid and iOS that works with real world stickers that are mailed out for free called TINE tags. You can stick a TINE tag on anything, scan it with the TINE app and add a video or audio message.

Hosts have been using TINE to leave video instructions around the house to make the guest experience better. For example some hosts have attached tine tags on their remote controls and added a video explaining how to use the TV, while others have put video instructions on a dishwasher or coffee machine walking guests though how to correctly make a good cup of coffee.

I hope it helps.

Best,
Vik

1 Like

There are some apps out there that are perfect for Airbnb hosts, such as FlightAware, which you can use to keep tabs on your guests’ whereabouts. For a full list of useful apps (such as traveler communication platforms, notetaking tools, etc), check out this post: https://www. guesty. com/blog/top-apps-airbnb-hosts/

Hi Chris and All,
I am the founder of Urbankeyz in Sydney (Australia). Urbankeyz provides the services around Airbnb listing (Welcome, check-out, cleaning, linen and Property Management). If you live in Sydney, where Airbnb is also a real success story, Urbankeyz can be a tool to use as a host for peace of mind. We offer different services for different needs!
I am an Airbnb host and guest!
Thank you for the article on the tools!

Cheers
Dee

We have been testing out Pricelabs.co on a few of our listings and it’s not bad! We normally do it based on our own experience, and have been glad to see that the PriceLabs prices are very similar to what we would have chosen! Haha, I don’t know if I’m glad that I’m so accurate, or that PriceLabs is!

There aren’t a lot of other services available in Canada yet, so if anyone hears of some, please let me know!

1 Like