What do you hang above the headboard?

The night stands are.matching – in that they are both ugly as heck. So I’ve covered them with pareaux of different patterns… So nothing matches!!!

I have tropical colors. Red and black are the basic ones and yellow is the accent.

1 Like

Its called bohemian chic!

3 Likes

I learned it from ‘Frasier’ and as we know Frasier has the best style. I remember thinking when I’m grown up I’m going to go eclectic like Frasier Crane.

2 Likes

I think it is funny how the English know all the American TV shows from heavy syndication. I’m pretty sure you may not,have been born when that show first aired!

September 1993. I was in school. That said I don’t think I saw it until the 2000s.

1 Like

Second one the actual head board though

4 Likes

I have chosen to hang nothing at all. The angles and sunlight are interesting enough. Since I took this picture, I have changed out the rug to a darker grey one with a textural pattern. Much softer on the feet, and the thick pad cuts down on the noise in our bedroom one floor below.

3 Likes

Does anyone here have a good idea for making a headboard at home that would work with a platform bed? I want to avoid checking Pinterest! Is too much of a good thing!

How do you avoid guests staining that beautiful crocheted coverlet??

Hehe! That was just for show off. I don’t use it!

1 Like

I think you could design/build most anything, and then attach to the wall to create a headboard-style look. I know people who have “repurposed” nice doors, table tops, or made butcher block from wood scraps. The butcher block thing looks great after you whitewash, or in your case, maybe red or yellow wash the wood.

1 Like

Wooden pallets are very popular here for upcycling. Sand them and paint them any colour you want, easy!

Or I suppose you could just stretch some nice fabric over them? Even easier probably!

1 Like

I’ve got a similar situation as @anon67190644 in that the angled walls of my a-frame leanin at 74degrees starting at the floor. In one bedroom I wallpapered the wall above the bed with a 3D French designed wallpaper. The other 2 rooms await inspiration :disappointed:
:anguished:

1 Like

What a beautiful room … I LOVE the yellow walls … and the canvas will be perfect. You’ve all given me headboard-wall envy going out to look for pictures tomorrow!

1 Like

3 M Command strips rock. I have a small picture my girlfriend painted no frame. It did come off the wall. Yes, on a guest. But is super light. Then I got the command strips…no problems.

1 Like

Ive just discovered reflective decals, not solid and still provide a mirror effect that enlarges a room

Just some things

3 Likes

(Oh my word…!!)

I think I see some empty space you can fill.

2 Likes

3 Likes

LOVE it. You have an eye.