Type of guest to avoid?

Goes to show reviews are worthless.

Reviews are written by people, and there lies their unpredictability.

I must admit when Iā€™m away on holiday I donā€™t care to much about eating that healthy, as I eat very healthy at home. When Iā€™m holiday Iā€™m a binge not so healthy food eater!!

Iā€™d probably have a banana for breakfast then thatā€™s maybe itā€¦

How do you cal aibnb? I donā€™t see a phone number anywhere.

Itā€™s buried, probably deliberatelyā€¦Look on the Contact Us link under ā€œurgent.ā€ Or just google the number.

I finally wised up and put the number in my phone. It seems they change the way to find it - but when I call I get through pretty quickly and get help.

1 Like

yeah i have the number on my phone and just call with any question or concern, and they have done a great job of helping me quickly.

1 Like

I tell you my experience of bad guests. 1 is french woman, 1 is american girl, 1 is thaiā€¦ french women uses 30 minutes to take a shower, maximum volum of water. American 20 minutes. Thai, each time 20-30 minutes, each day 3 timesā€¦crazyā€¦

1 Like

Chen Susanne, youā€™re lucky. I have many Chinese guests who have had hour long showers. One guests beat that by taking a shower for one hour and fifteen minutes!! Crazy!!! I still canā€™t get my head around it!!

1 Like

Aussie here. Totally get it. Water saving is close to religious over here!!

3 Likes

What exactly does one even do in the shower for over an hour?

5 Likes

Very true with a lot of them. Young people Iā€™ve had outside of airbnb over the years havenā€™t cared nearly as much when something breaks (houses need repairs, thatā€™s life), arenā€™t spotless (roommate settings), etc. and figure out internet/transit/all that themselves and usually stay out of each otherā€™s business.

I had a 50something year old inquire to rent my room. My profile is set to ā€œreplies in a few days, no same day bookings.ā€ The older man gives a snarky ā€œyou didnā€™t reply soon enoughā€ answer to my reply to him. He wasnā€™t schedule to arrive for another monthā€¦ he really overdid the snark there.

1 Like

I can beat you all with my shower story. My Chilean cooks who seemed to be doing everything wrong took long showers BEFORE GYM with hair washing. Then an hour later they repeated the same shower. They trained for rollerblading competition so they went to GYM in a morning and at 6 pm they did evening training in a park in 90F outside and same humidity. So after these 2 showers in a morning they took another 2 before and after evening training.
How do you deal with this shower madness.?? You can not really tell people that they shower too much. So we just giggled with my husband every time we heard water running.

2 Likes

@Mearns had the best idea of allā€¦ As he, on his private island, is on a rain tank (as am I). He put a timer on the hot water of 4 minutes! Nothing gets that valve shut faster than a blast of cold! LOL!

2 Likes

If that happened here, I would turn off the breaker on my water pump. :wink: Ooops power must have short circuited!

I get around it by showing them my big water tank when they check in. ā€œThatā€™s the rain tank and is the water supply for the house, and because weā€™ve been in a drought, we have to conserve water and be mindful of conservation.ā€ Solves most of it easy. No one has ever complained. Itā€™s also in my house rules and listing.

Tell them to go naked in the Irish rain if they love water that much. Sheesh. I would have put a stop to that or turned the water off on them. Thatā€™s just soooooo disrespectful!

Hey, I just hosted an Irish guest. He was darling and charmingā€¦but not a big reader or house rules. :wink: The brilliant brogue covered a world of missteps. :wink:

1 Like

@konacoconutz - I have Irish guests in at the moment. They are truly delightful :slight_smile:

Part of the fun of Airbnb is meeting people from all over the world, isnā€™t it?

2 Likes

@kona can you even imagine the convulsions you and I would go through if someone took a 1-hour shower (see Yanaā€™s story) in our places. We would have a coronary seizure!

2 Likes

I think I would turn the pump off at the breaker if it went on longer than 30!

ā€œMillennials that want Hilton stay at Motel 6 rateā€
One of the main reasons EVERYONE uses Airbnb, VRBO etc etc is that its cheaper then an equivalent hotel. That is reality. Its possible to get a Hilton at a Travelodge rate by doing some common sense booking tactics.