Type of guest to avoid?

I use en suite too, it’s a pretty common term in real estate and it means exactly what you say, the bathroom is directly connected to the room.

1 Like

Good to know. Is it necessary to mention; is being or not being ‘en suite’ important to people if they have the whole floor to themselves?

Addendum; just realized mine in the island is ‘en suite’! I could appreciate that is a good feature, however if it wasn’t en suite I would not mention it since they do have the whole place (in this case floor) to themselves.

1 Like

I would think not in most cases.

I believe ensuite is an American real estate term which may not be used in other countries.

It’s two words in English but the origin is French which is one word.

It is a commonly used expression in Europe, in both real estate and hosting/hotel.

The full expression is “Bedroom with Bathroom en-suite”, but often it is shortened to “En-suite Room” or “Room En-suite”.

To be a full bathroom, it must have a shower, a bath, a toilet and a sink. A bathroom with a shower, a sink and a toilet is a 3/4 bathroom.

1 Like

Bath = tub?..

Some people would want to know even if they have the whole floor to themselves, if there are more than one bedrooms. This is because some people sleep in their birthday suits and want to know if they will be able to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without putting clothes on.

1 Like

Yes, a full bathroom includes a tub.

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/Define_full_baths_What_s_the_difference_-566514

I could see that is a very important point. Ellen, In the island I never wore clothes during its construction, the height of freedom. No wonder 90% of my guests impatiently listen to my ~Better-Be-Quick~ walk-through, as I ‘suspect’ they never wear clothes either the instance I leave. By the time I clear the outlining reef, a mere 150 feet away,I am ‘sure’ they are back to nature.

2 Likes

I think many Americans who are not familiar with the term “en suite” refer to bedrooms with their own bathroom as the “master bedroom” or they just call it the “master bath.”

I hadn’t heard of the term en suite until a few years ago.

1 Like

The more I hear about your island, the better it sounds. The warm sun and gentle breeze on your skin, heavenly.

3 Likes

It is a royal trip, every set of guests are so different and come for different reasons. Yesterday, I dropped off two college girls studying marine biology, that morning I brought back two artists from England, the ones before them were writers/film people that did a film on the island for California papers, etc.etc.

/off to ‘work’, back laters

1 Like

uhh…did you have a crew there to help during construction?..and…and…were they also au natural amidst all that hammering and sawing at will?

(aacck! Don’t tell me. It will only feed my fantasies.)

Hahaha Sandy, not exactly, but this last month (close for construction) were two women ‘naturalists’, actually they were past guests. You and your wild imagination, love it. :sunglasses:

/now off to work for real.

cancell THEM!!!
trust me the airbnb is a young community driven by travellers highjack by thier grand parents as a rule say no
suggest an alternative dont wait -

Haha interesting. I find very young guests more difficult - for those same reasons and more - e.g. irresponsible at times - two even left my front door open and went out…
I like older guests and generally try not to discriminate based on age even though I’ve found the very young quite difficult and entitled because for a start it really isn’t very nice to do so and it is also is illegal in my country.
I’ve also found people from poorer countries who feel they’re paying a lot per night for a room in Sydney (they’re not - it’s a very expensive city) can expect too much for what they’ve paid, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Mmm…well I found it more scary when on two occasions young guests left my front door open. Older guests are cool.

I don’t agree. The majority of our guests are over 45 and we’ve had plenty of guests in their sixties and seventies. Plus many hosts are in an ‘old’ age bracket, including me and plenty of other hosts here at the forum.

2 Likes