TripAdvisor is Scary (and terrible)

Liz… just go into your manage Review settings and email out review requests to your nearest and dearest! :rofl: This was the turning point for me. I started getting so many bookings after that.

2 Likes

I first started hosting in 2005 on Craigslist. Never had a problem.

Then a site called Vacation Home Rentals came along and i listed with them. It was awesome back then! And I still wish they existed in that form. You paid an annual fee… I think it was either $100 or $300. The best part was all the guests paid in CASH when they arrived. And I never had a single incident of someone not paying.

Since you paid an annual fee, HVR didn’t care what you did. You could contact them offsite all you wanted. But there was really no need to.

I still miss that model. It was a good one.

2 Likes

I think there is a market for that, as VRBO customers are going to leave their platform after having a most unpleasant hybrid thrust on them.

Those were the good ol’ days for sure. (sniffle-sniffle)

1 Like

Hi @konacoconutz,

Sorry, it looks like I missed this message when you first posted it.

But I’m not sure what you mean by helping with the reviews.

If you sign up with them let us know.

I had an AirBnB request from a woman in DC who wrote with a Chinese “accent”* and wanted to know how close the nearest Chinese restaurants were where she could eat each night. No problem with that but the photo was of a blue eyed blonde and looked like a generic photo of a cheer leader taken from the internet. She never booked which was disappointing as I wanted to see if it was really her.

• “Where Chinese restaurant near your place I can eat each night?”
1 Like