Trash separating into 8 categories

Very useful information from those charts. Hope it will open the eyes of the trash disposal services and inspire them to be more responsible. Often trashing trash in improper way has a big damaging impact on the environment. The fragile ecosystem would suffer deeply from it. Rubbish that ends in the water change its chemical composition. Not to mention the level of land and air pollution. They inturn lead to repisratory problems. Methane gases from such garbages are at the risk of fire. Leachate flow increases. We often forget the poor animals which suffer due to improper waste management. Check this article on how to handle various kinds of waste http://www.gorillabins.ca/blog/how-to-handle-various-kinds-of-waste/ . Each one of us can contribute towards a better future. In the fist place, lets reduce the amount of waste disposed on a daily basis. The remaining task is entrusted at the hands of dumpster removal services who ought to work responsibly.

1 Like

It seems quite challenging to host in apartment buildings with owners corporation. I’m not sure about other countries, but I’ve heard many hosts face complaints from other owners/long term renters in Australia. Some even take this matter to the court.
Good luck with your guests sorting garbage according to requirements! Maybe emphasis on check in and tell them how important it is to you and the environment.

With each passing year disposal of wastes seems to be a grave concern

lol…that is so true…I don’t have to separate my trash, just recyclable and garbage, I do get a lot of guest from Germany…they even wash the cans before discard it …its incredible!!

In Seattle we only have three categories, and I have the chart on the wall over the three bins. But people still mix things up, which is frustrating because my garbage can is very small. I normally take out the trash myself but not if they’re staying longer than a week. Any suggestions?

I have three recycle bins out in my carport. Which guests may use if they wish.
Cans, bottles and plastic. They can take mix recycles and trash to the dump themselves.

Don’t most guests find that unacceptable, especially if they don’t have a car? However, I might have to ask guests to take away trash that doesn’t fit into my micro bin.

Are you now offering a two-day workshop for all your guests on Trash Sorting before you check them in? :smiling_imp:

Or maybe they already do that at the airports’ Passport Control section before they’re let in to the country!

Suggestions on how to get them sort it or take it out?