Towels, Sheets, Blankets, Bedspread, etc

This way it takes about one minute.

@KKC, I think I know what youā€™re talking about, and I think the culprit is fabric softener sheets thrown into the dryer rather than the thick towels themselves. From my perspective at least, dryer sheets seem to leave some sort of vague, lotion-y residue on towels, which indeed, gives them the feeling of not being absorbent.

Thanks @Australia. Great instructional videos, and I agree, the California roll looks doable. Iā€™m never going to get it done in a minute like @jaquo, but hopefully practice will make closer to perfect!

1 Like

I use the traditional method as well, and it takes me ā€¦ what, maximum 1 minute, maybe minute and a half for a King size. Not exactly a huge chunk out of my prep time, and whatā€™s more it means NO TUCKING IN (my pet hate as in hotels I have to untuck all those damn sheets, blankets, bedspreads, quilts, comforters etc etc before I can sleep!

1 Like

Hey, Jaquo, kudos for having this on your website ā€¦ good idea about the clothes pegs too (clothespins?? Pur-lease! Donā€™t go all American on me ā€¦!.)

1 Like

Iā€™m trying :slight_smile:

I was berated by my son the other day for writing ā€˜travelingā€™ instead of ā€˜travellingā€™. And I get into trouble all the time from American clients for writing ā€˜realiseā€™ instead of ā€˜realizeā€™. I just canā€™t win :wink:

I tend to go with as much white as possible especially for the bed sheets and towels. I believe guests just feel more comfortable with white because it is easy to see if they are clean or not. I definitely feel that way whenever I stay somewhere as a guest. I bought my towels and bed sheets at target.

Maybe thatā€™s whatā€™s wrong with the thick towels Iā€™ve described. However, I only throw a dryer sheet in in very limited cases like static is crazy. I dry everything outside and then fluff/soften in the dryer.

For my own use I prefer a medium weight towel. I have a few Ikea towels that are just right for me. In the guest room I been using some with a waffle weave that might be like the JCP ones. I also have some fluffy ones from Costco that I got on reduced price. For $5 a towel you really canā€™t go wrong.

Are bed bugs a common occurrence with guests? :sweat:

I havenā€™t had any and I think they are much less common in dry areas. Although itā€™s a ā€œbed bug proofā€ cover the main purpose is just to protect the mattress. Bodily fluids and spills are probably a bigger threat than bedbugs. I had a encasement cover on my 15 year old mattress and it looked like new when I gave it away. On top of that I have a padded mattress pad, then the fitted sheet.

1 Like

I loved Enchante Home towels. They are soft and Turkish cotton. You can check on their websites.

I use white towels and sheets - I love being able to bleach everything. I have a Kohlā€™s card so thatā€™s where Iā€™ve gotten most everything. I use the same towels and sheets as I give my Air guests so Iā€™m pretty pleased with them. Having several sets helps when you have back to back bookings. I also just keep the linen closet fully stocked with older not as high quality towels so at least if extras are needed they can help themselves.

Towels: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2561970/sonoma-goods-for-life-ultimate-hygro-bath-towel.jsp?color=White&prdPV=6

Sheets: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2861368/simply-vera-vera-wang-4-piece-600-thread-count-sheet-set.jsp?color=White&prdPV=1

These sheets are nice.
http://www.kmart.com/jaclyn-smith-400tc-sheet-set/p-048VA78298612P?plpSellerId=Kmart&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

1 Like