Thrown off for absurd violation?

Appreciate it i am heart broken. I have contacted them on twitter. I doubt I will get anywhere. I start working my flipkey and vrbo listings.

3 Likes

I suspect part of the problem is uncontrolled growth. Let’s say Airbnb needs one rep per thousand listings (I’m just making up numbers here). But Airbnb has no restrictions on a host adding listings, or new hosts registering in any part of the world, to the best of my knowledge.

But where do the new reps come from? They don’t magically sprout from the ground. They have to be hired and trained. In a properly functioning company, just the hiring process can take a while.

This would go some way towards explaining why hosts seem to be getting less and less attention from Airbnb, and the reps seem more and more clueless. Their numbers are not rising to keep up with hosts, and their training may also be suffering.

Just a bit of speculation for a early Tuesday morning…

4 Likes

As Airbnb makes all users agree to a binding arbitration clause; make use of it. Tell them that you want arbitration of your dispute.

6 Likes

Wasn’t there a similiar situation with a guy in SF, who was like one of the first ABBs and then all of sudden he was booted? The basically black balled him with no information, and just kept telling him the ‘decision was final’.

How many properties do you have listed @Barry_Brachfeld? I personally do not care, but I think there me be a correlation between people with high number of listings and deactivation.

2 Likes

my holiday guests did this too. A real slap in the face when this happens.

3 Likes

700 stays in five years doesn’t seem unreasonable to me. I am on around 100 stays in two years in my little place.

Airbnb Is well known for their policy that their decision is final and does not require any explanation on their part.

Arbritration does not exist as far as they are concerned.

1 Like

I will when they will stop hiding behind the call centers set up. Can’t be switched to any managers that want to talk to me.

1 Like

27 apartments. And a few in combination they can book together.

1 Like

I know I have 724 stays When I got a call from them 2 weeks ago about a deposit to be returned after the guest broke something they congratulated me on this.

2 Likes

Ya zanda I am screwed. I know it said as part of the agreement they do not have to or require to explain anything.

1 Like

Try Twitter though and plead a misunderstanding.

It does seem like property managers are having more troubles than owners of a single property. We are at least seeing more posts of hosts being booted off with no recourse.

5 Likes

I’m not an attorney, but I believe that in the U.S. a company would not be allowed to force you to give up your right to sue then not make the alternative available to you.

Oh wait. I’m sorry, I didn’t see you had 27 listings. This might have more to do with that than with the 8 people who claimed you were anti gay? Maybe when the people complained, they looked at your account, saw 27 listings and shut you down. Are you doing this in a place where multiple listings are not allowed? If so you may have had your luck run out.

2 Likes

No we are in medellin colombia. We have a full license to do this. Not to many are licensed. We own all the places. If I had to do over again. I would keep IB off. Anyone that I didn’t feel comfortable with I would decline and not respond to. They twist anything you say around on the extranet.

2 Likes

Well, again go on Twitter and see if you can get someone to look at it. Whether it’s the issue with the discrimination claim or if it is the multiple listings, if you have proof you are not in violation, you should be able to get reinstated.

In your situation if you get no joy if you are in the US particularly I would go to your major daily paper. Airbnb don’t like bad PR and the situation is ridiculous.

Just one thing…you did contact BNB ahead of your guest complaint and tell them you wanted them to cancel the booking because instead of four they had eight people staying…didn’t you?

I told them. They planned to have 8. Im sure they told them something else. It was said over what’s app phone call. I have no proof and the renter is always believed over the home owner.

Sadly we have seen many cases where all communication about the rental needs to be on the airbnb platform.

1 Like