This forum has saved me again!

Last night I got an inquiry for a 1 night stay for a “small cake cutting party with 10 guests” but only 3 would be staying the night. They’re local. So I’m seeing all the red flags. My husband is trying to get me to accept the booking. I’m like “NO”!

1. they’re local
  2. the only review says they were messy
  3. we don’t allow events
  4. its one night on a FRIDAY

To prove my point with him I did converse back and forth a bit and was able to prove my gut, it’s a birthday party, they think 10 people are coming (huh…) if the apartment is too small, can they have the party at the pool, they’ll pay more… No, NO, NO!!!

I politely decline, telling them that our space is just too small and our insurance doesn’t allow guest parties at the pool. And what happens overnight? 4 night booking over that same date!

15 Likes

Yaay! Good girl! I’ve learned a lot on this forum also.

2 Likes

As much as I’d like to think I would have felt uncomfortable about it (and would have definitely turned down for a 10 person party anyway), a little research based on other’s experiences proved my gut. I just can’t believe my husband was willing to host a party here (for “10” people) for $150… My imagination was going crazy last night about the possibilities!

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth. All the possibilities…and none of them good!

Guess the forum has to work on your hubs next. :smile:

2 Likes

I would love to think that you pointed this out to them :wink:

The sooner guests realise that we judge them on their review, the better.

3 Likes

Ahh reviews, they cut both ways.

1 Like

Oh yeah… decline!!! All you needed was the bad review!!
As you know, sometimes hosts agonize over what to write. Or they don’t write anything… so you know if someone took the time to write they were messy, then yes. Bad guests! Very bad guests!

1 Like