Surprised who my most difficult guests are!

In my experience, yep!

1 Like

Wow. Itā€™s scary to think that youā€™re right, but I think you are. I worked a few summers in Yosemite at the Lodge and at the Ahwahnee and boy did I see it all.

1 Like

LOL. There are no atheists where ghetto neighbors are concerned. :smile:
No offense to the non-athiests here. :smile:

I still say prayers of gratitude that the meth head karaoke drummers two doors down moved out. Incredibly no guest ever mentioned the godawful racket at all hours or his yelling at us, saying he was going to give us something to remember them by by spraying paintballs at our houses. Thank god they moved back to ā€œSpo-Kompton.ā€
No offense to those in Compton or Spokane. :smile: I am sure there are nice sections of those cities.

Jeepers I thought I had it bad here! lol! What a mess! The only consolation is that they wonā€™t be there long. I canā€™t comfort myself with that prospect here because these people OWN and ainā€™t going anywhere in a loooooong time.

Very very amusing! Love it. Also, I didnā€™t realize Spokane was home to those type of people. I live fairly near Compton here in SoCal and it doesnā€™t really look that badā€“in the daytime! I have a work friend who recently bought a home in a nicer section. She got a lot more house with her $, but sheā€™s not sending her kids to the local school. Itā€™s a pretty rough scene.

Iā€™ve never accurately calculated it but I think that at least half my guests donā€™t have English as their first language. (My current guests are from the Ukraine). Iā€™ve never had any guests complain or even mention that I donā€™t provide TV in French, Dutch, German, Russian or whatever.

You can probably imagine what Iā€™d say to them if they did :wink:

1 Like

What, really!??? :smile: To escape the hungry guest??

Iā€™m staying at a Airbnb at the mo in Edinburgh and they have a gorgeous kitty. Itā€™s why we stay at Airbnbs. I donā€™t want the same same of premier inns, travel lodges, motel 6 etc etc. some people donā€™t get that and for them itā€™s all about just the cost. Which is a bit sad.

5 Likes

Awwww! I had a kitty that looked like that! And you are right. If more dog people knew about airbnb Iā€™d be booked every night.

1 Like

I like the chair as well.

Oh heā€™s gone. I canā€™t wait to see his review. Just to escape the noise from the dogs and to just hang out. Now the one on the corner in the cage is barking; once about every 3 or 4 minutes. Ugh.

Gosh, I hear you and have soooooo been there. Itā€™s awful. I thank my stars now, because our street is blissfully quiet except for the ghetto tenants one and they should be moving soon. But there were times when we had barking dogs galore on this street, plus the parrot and the drummer. Truly hellacious. I donā€™t know what the answer is and truly, the dogs are not happy either. They should be walked to avoid all the boredom and anxiety which causes the chronic barking.

Ainā€™t gonna happen here, the walking and tending to. People go to work or wherever. This is dog hell, Long Beach, CA. As Iā€™ve mentioned, everyone has at least 1 if not 2 or 3 dogs. Itā€™s reaching critical mass because itā€™s affecting the quality of life for so many who donā€™t speak up.

my dog does not bark when Iā€™m gone. If she did I would get a collar. I wouldnā€™t do that to my neighbors. The one time she did bark, the neighbors texted me and it turned out the cat was inside chasing her around. Cat out, dog peace again.

Not sure what you can do or where you can turn. Pretty awful.

as in foxholes??? !! lol

1 Like

Yes. Um, if she is to be believed she spent 8550 on an Airbnb recently. And that was without cleaning and tax!
If she really has that kind of money, then what the heck is she doing slumming with the rest of us for $85 a night?

2 Likes

And during that time, she wasnā€™t available to meet and greet her own guests or attend to their needs. Tut tut.

1 Like

We get mostly American guests because we are in New England.

Plenty of Americans are wonderful guests but there are some cities and areas that seem to be nothing but trouble for us.

At one point we actually included a note in the listing saying; ā€œif you are from Arlington MA or Westchester NY, or from Philadelphia, you should book elsewhere. We have never had a guest from those cities who was happy here.ā€

If we were completely honest, weā€™d include California on that list. Weā€™ve had 1. count 'em, ONE good guest from California.

Weā€™re Superhosts, we get tons of good reviews. I am not picking on anyone, in over 200 guests, the ones I would absolutely not have back are the ones from the upper-class suburbs of Boston and Philadelphia.

and wealthy Californians. bleh

2 Likes

Tomorrowā€™s guests are two families: 1 from Granby, CT and another from upstate NY - looks like an area code in the Manhattan area - I really hope this doesnā€™t turn into snob cityā€¦oh and there are indoor gnats if you donā€™t keep it at bay! I only pray the current guests arenā€™t allowing it to spiral out of control.

1 Like

Funnyā€¦ I just bought a condo in Arlington as a co-owner. I will remind my daughter to use my address when booking a place on AirBNB. Really funnyā€¦ until recently Arlington was a no-buy town, and then something wild and crazy happened and the entire town is filling with entitled, high-earners.