Smart Pricing from airbnb?

UPDATE: It’s been awhile since I posted my comments about smart pricing. I have since, at the advice of Zandra and Kona I believe, learned that I can set the lowest rate you’d accept, which I’ve done. Their suggested lowest rate was absurd as was the highest suggestion, which I did choose but have never had it go that high.

My only gripe is that if a guest books a several days stay, the lowest rate in that period is the one that is applied to the other days. Has anyone else noticed this?

i get most clients from booking.com but want also to try expedia .

I created an account just to tell you I’m amazed at how dismissive/didnt read your comments that jaquo was.

Agree - smart pricing stinks

Can you edit your post to remove the link to your website and your write ups. We don’t allow that here, just so you know.

I think that the lower bound for smart price is really (i mean really) low. As for the rest, I use it regularly

I feel your frustration in this thread. You are 100% correct. Smart Pricing has ruined everything! I have been doing subleasing short term for 10 years in Brooklyn. I would have higher prices for a month because it was furnished, utilities included and its short term. With new buildings in my already expensive neighborhood and more young ppl moving in and renting out their dirty little rooms and charging nothing for cleaning - Airbnb is asking me to rent rooms for less than I pay a month. They only care about the travelers not the guests. It may work if we could turn smart pricing on for a week here or there, but as it is right now it sucks. They have prices going down while all of our expenses are going up!!! Most of my guests now are travelers escaping a crappy Airbnb.

I feel ya! This is about being a hospitality, and with these cut-rate prices, it just makes me not want to go through any extra effort, because it is not worth it in the end. I lost $4,000 in 2017 using Airbnb instead of Craigslist.