Show your reviews

Hi there,
I just generated a word cloud from all my reviews and uploaded it as a photo to my listing. After checking with Airbnb support they said it is not a ToS violation.
Now I have an online guest wall :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So, I just googled “word cloud AirBNB reviews” and came up empty. Are you willing to share you you did this? I think this is pretty neat!

1 Like

I’d think you could use any word cloud generator. We’ll have to manually cut and paste our reviews into it.

Edit: Or maybe just link to the “reviews about you page” in your profile section

1 Like

It’s made with wordle online generator. I save the reviews and the ratings after every guest in an excel sheet anyways so I just had to copy and paste.

3 Likes

Very interesting idea.

I like it, not only for AirBnB but also for my own website.

I love that idea! Here’s mine:

3 Likes

My first 6 months. Whoops. 5 months.

4 Likes

Isn’t it interesting how much names come up. Really shows that guests DO value the personal experience they get with Airbnb.

2 Likes

Someone should do one with bad reviews just for a laugh

4 Likes

I know just the place near me. Maybe tonight after I finish work.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Is that from a real listing, or did you make one up?

Real listings. I googled: “site:airbnb.com worst host ever” and found scary stuff.

4 Likes

Not to bad.
I only took the ones of the last few months, anonymized it. :wink:

It is a bit generic now, but not bad.

2 Likes

Every single one of my reviews starts with my name!

4 Likes

Why did you anonymise it Chris ? Is your name actually Taylor and you don’t want to be caught ?

I appreciate the graphic design and variations in layout and color but frankly, the purpose of having a cluster of random words posted in one’s listing eludes me. (No offense.)

1 Like

These word clouds are useful to compress lots of reviews into a condensed summary. I personally used word clouds to help visualise feedback for a number of projects I was evaluating.

The larger the word the more often its said (the words are not random). So in theory these word clouds help hosts to identify strengths and weaknesses… overwhelmingly the strengths appear to be the hosts themselves.

If we take @anon67190644 's word cloud as an example you can see breakfast is fairly large. Smtucker may have been thinking to get rid of breakfast as it might have improved profits, but looking at the word cloud you can actually see guests appreciate it.

@Sarah_Warren seems to offer kitchen access in her listing it features pretty prominently as does her location.

@Chris must have very high cleanliness ratings. Or he’s hosting a whole apartment and people didn’t want to say anything too personal :slight_smile: The balcony must be pretty special too.

It’s pretty useful to use these word clouds to drill down and really get a sense of what guests like about your listing. For some it could be a surprise!

And of course now hosts know what guests love they should totally make more of a song and dance about those things in their listing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What a great idea. Hope you don’t mind if I consider using it too?

Okay…got cha’. Thx!