Show off your Airbnb listing!

Thanks @faheem - it’s located in an area that was a popular “back to the land” destination in the 60s-80s, so the neighboring valleys are dotted with weird handmade homes made by amateurs over that period. We have a small library of books about that cultural movement and Buckminster Fuller, the designer of the geodesic dome at the house, and, i think you’re right, we probably should add a picture of that to the listing.

Hi @Lucy_R,

Was that building was designed by Buckminster Fuller? As in Buckminster Fuller - Wikipedia? Or did you just mean he was a designer of geodesic domes in general?

I mean geodesic domes in general. He patented the dome design in the 50s, and most Californian domes, mine included, were built by amateurs using kits or blueprints produced by a company from Berkerey called Timberline, which is miraculously still in business.

Yes, I see. Do you happen to know who built yours? Not that it matters, just curious. It looks like a good job was done with it, at any rate. Quite luxurious.

The story of the builder is, unfortunately a sad one. It was a guy who moved out from San Francisco in the late 70s with his family, but not too long after the dome was completed he, his wife, and one of their children died in a car crash. One of his remaining children lives nearby and brought us photos of the construction process, which are adorable, but the story is heartbreaking. On that note, the second owner of the house also died in an accident, and we purchased the place from his estate… which is something I try not to think about too much :worried:

1 Like

Hi @Lucy_R

Hmm. Ok. Maybe don’t include that story in your listing, then. :frowning:

The contemplation of human mortality is usally not high on the list of things to think about by people on vacation…

2 Likes

adorable - and well written - easy to get the idea right away. So many listings are full of nothing useful.

Hope to see you some day!!

1 Like

Great places - tidy, uncluttered, classic, bright & clean. Totally my taste. However, the description on the second one was a bit cluttered. I’d clean that up a bit. I had to search for places recently, and really, we have about 20 seconds to make the impression we want.

I’m not a writer but I do frequently shop airbnb listings. Just a thought -

Beautifully renovated light-filled apartment on 1st floor of our 2-flat. Near Oak Park/Berwyn border; easy walking to food, shopping, entertainment and Blue Line. 20 mins to Chicago loop. Free parking, easy keyless check-in. Welcome!

Though I don’t know what this means “1st floor of our 2-flat”

2 Likes

What a beautiful apartment! And the listing is well written and clear. Very attractive!

I feel like I’m Miss Opinion today, giving people advice about their listing, but I’ve had the occasion to shop many, many listings for various trips recently and I know what catches my eye. Combing through listings is exhausting! I suggest you take another photo of the bedroom from a lower position, crouched down - focus right in on those cute pillows and the texture of the bed spread - I think it will make it more welcoming and cozy. Of course you need to show all the other photos, too, but the first one could be a bit more artsy and inviting.

But your reviews are great! You don’t really need my help!

1 Like

Please find our listing (we had started for two months).

We will soon add that are producing some home made honey. Thanks in advance if you have any comments

1 Like

New Orleans representing here, people love our room and we’re constantly improving it

2 Likes

$29? 84 reviews? I love New Orleans and want to stay with you :slight_smile:

Check my calendar, that’s my lowest rate and I have a $40 cleaning fee, so the longer you stay, the more affordable. One night would be $69 :slight_smile: I have already booked my jazzfest for the complete two weeks in 2017, $137 a night. Mardi Gras still available.

1 Like

Hi. First let us say it is lovely to connect with others doing same. We are a Navajo owned working sheep ranch and off grid B&B on the Navajo nation overlooking Lake Powell.

2 Likes

Wow Wow Wow.

Love this line: "It is a five billion star in the sky hotel. "

Nice listing!!

4 Likes

dcmooney, I don’t have any idea how to quote here just yet, but this is our 2-flat. It’s a typical two-story, one apartment on each level, Chicago style building. Most of them were built between 1890 and 1930. This was taken in November when we first bought it. Right now it’s covered in ivy and the bushes are blooming with flowers. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow that’s amazing

Thank you for the kind words.

What do you think of our listing?

1 Like

We are a Navajo owned working sheep ranch and off grid B&B on the Navajo nation. Our ranch is comprised of wide open pastoral land and a high mesa which overlooks Lake Powell, the Colorado River, Marble Canyon, etc.

We have several accommodations all set in outstanding natural beauty.

A traditional Navajo Hogan. Ideal for those who wish to learn more about the traditional Navajo way of life.

A small well appointed cabin.

Quality Bell Tents outfitted with the basic necessities one will need for a pleasant stay.
.https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3394099
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7545314

And two fully restored Sheepherder Wagons.

Shash Dine’ EcoRetreat

4 Likes