Sex Etiquette for Hosts?/ Coming out as Queer to Guests

But she is basically admitting she is promiscuous and brings home both guys and girls… worries she will be judged and also her bedroom is right across from the guest. So there is no way she can really be discreet with hookups.

Yes, I get it now. Thanks.

Unfortunately, that comment comes many years too late. Go back in time and tell that to my teenage self, please.

9 Likes

bahahahahahah… comment of the day!!!

3 Likes

Honestly, my biggest concern would have nothing to do with who you’re with, although hearing my host have sex with anyone would probably make me a wee bit uncomfortable. I’d probably snicker like a juvenile–provided it didn’t interrupt my sleep, etc…
What would be disconcerting (to me) is if I had an inkling that my host didn’t know their partner and had allowed them into our now mutual space. You mentioned the bedrooms are across from one another. Is the bathroom shared? Do guests leave their things there? Does the guest room have a lock on the door?
Perhaps, I’ve watched too much Investigation Discovery channel, but I would only bring home those you know well and feel you can predict their behavior with a strong degree of certainty.

2 Likes

My opinion is the same here as it was on the other thread (about guests having sex). If you can do it without disturbing your guests, go for it. Your guests will feel uncomfortable if they can hear your sexual activities, and as hosts we don’t want uncomfortable guests.
Sure, bring your partner home, don’t have to hide them away. But there’s no reason to involve your guests in your sex life. That’s pretty weird.

Your sexuality has absolutely nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

It is a common misconception that strangers are more dangerous than people we know. In fact, most victims of crime know the perpetrators. Also, violent crime rates are falling.

1 Like

@EllenN
Here we go again:

Is a one night stand considered someone we know in those statistics?
Do these statistics include a cellphone that all of a sudden has disappeared?

And how many non-registered visitors do you allow your guests to bring home? None? Why?

3 Likes

By the way… I am not judging anyone for being promiscuous…it’s just, if the host really wants to pursue this kind of lifestyle, she may not get guests who are cool with it.

I had one guest bring home a stranger from the beach or a bar… and the result was horrendous. They partied like they owned the place and carried on partying after I asked them to tone it down. We are in a family neighborhood. They just continued to carry on after telling me “We’re only trying to have fun.” They ignored me and shut all the doors and windows and partied hours longer, flushing my toilet a zillion times (I’m on a rain tank and we must conserve water) and then broke my furniture and left a mess on check out.

Ihad messaged the guest that this guy had to leave. He would have stayed over had I not said something.

Terrible guests, nervewracking experience and my one and only time where a guest brought a local hookup to my home. I felt so violated and taken advantage of. I’m still traumatized by it and it honestly made me question why I am doing this!

3 Likes

I don’t know for certain if one night stands are considered someone we know, but I assume not. I don’t understand your second question. I allow my guests to bring home anyone they wish without limitation.

I’m somewhat reminded of another thread where there was a huge outcry about a guest bringing someone back. I do feel that there can’t be double standards for hosts if someone else’s belongings are involved.

If you’re home alone with your own stuff… knock yourself out.

1 Like

The seconds question is about my valuables being robbed: When I am staying in someone’s home (or a hotel) I don’t want to worry about my cellphone (or other valuables) getting stolen when I have left it on the breakfast table for a few minutes. That would be my fear, and that would be my objection to haven relatively unknown people (my host’s one night stands) hanging around my stuff.

You must be unique on this forum ! I guess this means you allow prostitutes servicing man after man in your place.

You are taking out your personal dislike of me by trying to paint me as a hypocrite and when that failed, reckless. I have hosted over 400 guests (way more than you’ve hosted). I’m a Superhost with five stars in all categories.

1 Like

Moderators, is he allowed to insult me personally and repeatedly?

1 Like

As one who has hosted over 100 groups of “strangers” in my guesthouse (and met nearly every single one), I don’t believe I fall victim to that misperception easily. I try to stay up on the risks and the realities. Just for argument’s sake, in this case, if the host goes out dancing, to dinner, to drinks, etc… with someone, I don’t believe law enforcement would consider them to be strangers. Also, violent crime is actually up in my area–and in many areas–not that that is really germaine here.

1 Like

So why are Airbnb guests considered safe, but the original poster’s dates considered dangerous? Also, the original poster lives in Canada which is not considered a particularly violent crime riddled country.

1 Like

I was just pointing out (or trying to point out) the relativity of statistics. I also don’t understand what your statistics have to do with the point @crowntown was trying to make.

And then I was just surprised to see you allowing visitors, something almost no one allows on this forum.

You are being disingenuous. You used the fact that I permit my guests to have guests to say that I’m running a brothel. You wrote that with the sole purpose of insulting me.

I believe @guthend was using an extreme example to question whether you really do allow all and sundry into your home.

In the other thread @EllenN did say she wasn’t bothered by guests having one night stands …

2 Likes

Clearly, you haven’t seen the history of his posts directed at me.