Searches are defaulting to only show instant book properties

They don’t care and when you leave the vacuum will fill up with 500 more willing to take your place. :frowning:

2 Likes

To play devils advocate (and I don’t use, nor plan to use IB) it sounds like it’s quite essential for you if you rely on that many last minute bookings.

From the guest perspective, many many hosts are total slackers and take hours or close to the 24hr to get back to you. Meanwhile your credit card has been debited because you’ve shown your keen and sent a booking request and want your accommodation sorted now! Just like every hotel site. Next day host declines you or says oh sorry not available, didn’t keep my calendar updated and your card hold won’t be released for 48hrs. This is why they are applying this rule in this window. It works for guests, the ones that pay the big fees.

It will take years for the market to adjust to this new platform and I imagine we’ll all be in for lots of ups and downs during the transition.

1 Like

As an instabook kinda guy, I guess I’m ok with this lol.

But seriously, maybe the reason instabook has become the default is because that majority of people use instabook when reserving accommodations. If the majority already use it, might as well make it the default, right?

1 Like

As far as I know, the card does not get debited till the host accepts the request. In fact, I’m pretty sure of it, because after you accept is when problems with the card become apparent.